I’ve seen this question come up a lot, so I wanted to address it!
Although the Anova cookers come with Bluetooth, WIFI, or both, you’re also able to control manually. This also means you may forgo the app, if you so choose.
All you need is to plug into an outlet, and it’s ready to go!
How do I set-up the timer on the Anova manually?
1) Press and hold play/Start for 8 seconds
2) Press and hold the timer icon for 3 seconds to set time via the scroll wheel
3) Pressing start or the timer icon again will start the timer countdown
How do I change the temperature?
1) Turn the scroll wheel up or down
How do I start/stop cooking?
1) Press the play button
Changing Temperature Units:
1) Hold down the Play/Start button for 3 seconds
Can I still use the app for recipes, while using Anova manually?
1) Yep. Just open up the app. You can deny connection to your Anova cooker and get whatever you need from the app (recipes, guide, time + temps, support).
Can you show me an example on how to set the timer on the Anova manually (video)?
Video right here.
Can you show me how to switch from celsius to fahrenheit, vice-versa (video)?
Yep, sure can. Right here.
@mlz posted a helpful post in the community on how to set-up manually. You can check it out here.
IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT USING ANOVA MANUALLY, ASK IN COMMENTS!
A GIF of how the good ‘ol days looked like, to ruin everyone’s cellphone experience today: