Anyway to "snooze" the beeping when the timer is done?

I had just been hitting the button that looks like a play icon to silence it, but now I do this: Alexa, tell Anova to silence alarm - YouTube

I have been doing all my sous viding by voice lately, so much more convenient. i still find myself looking at the app to see what temp and time i might want to use, but then i just tell alexa what to do.

2 Likes

Ha! That is cool, perhaps I need to invite Alexa into my home too then :slight_smile:

I did finally figure out that pressing the timer button the right of the unit silences the alarm without stopping the circulator but I still havenā€™t managed to find this option in the app anywhere.

Hi @Jannis, unfortunately you do have to press the play/pause button to stop it, and then just press play again if you want to continue cooking. We know this is not ideal, so we are currently working on fixing it.

Hi,

Come on guys, this issue is known for so long now, could please finally fix it? This really is only a minor change to the codeā€¦ :wink:

Thanks a lot!
Best

2 Likes

When the timer goes off all you to do is tap the timer or stopwatch icon on the unit and it stops beeping. The temp will continue to maintain. Pretty simple.

2 Likes

My wife is getting to the point where she doesnā€™t even want me to use the thing anymore because it just wont shut up after it is done cooking. This is seriously a problem because she works from the house in our loft and is often on the phone when it starts beeping and I could be on my way home, at the store, or also be working from home.

so, we have nothing here?

1 Like

Did u see my post above yours?

1 Like

Thank you - thatā€™s an easy way to solve a problem with the app. I find that great for recipes, but not so great for execution. Thanks again!

Does Joule have this problem? Iā€™m willing to switch!

@HunterC - first time poster, long time chef, and former senior-level innovation exec and team leader with a multi-billion dollar multi-national tech company -the only way something like this isnā€™t already fixed is intentional ignoring of the users or poor enginnering - it is unreasonable to have ignored or not crash escalated this issue for fix for 12 months at this point - it is a simple code fix for a connected device that is long overdue - please, on behalf of the entire user base, take directly to your engineering leadership and copy the CEO for a fix lest the users be chasing them with torches and pitchforks soon.

1 Like

Hi @ILGoon, the posts in this thread are actually two separate issues, although they both refer to beeping. This new issue is a bug that started when we merged our wifi and bluetooth app a little over 2 weeks ago. I promise it is currently being worked on by our team and should be fixed shortly :slight_smile:

I know the beeping is really annoying and I assure you all feedback is being taken into account.

We appreciate your patience while we get this issue fixed.

@HunterC, greatly appreciate the quick reply.

The long-term issue of constant-beeping-at-end-of-cook-cycle-with-no-way-to-remotely-end-it is the issue I was referring to, apologies for the lack of clarity. The use case where a chef has remotely started a cook, had it completed properly, and tortured someone at home with the non-stop beeping is one I know well - happy to hear it is being addressed.

How far out on the features road-map is this?

1 Like

Can that person at home not hit the stopwatch button on the unit? It makes the beeping stop. I am not quite sure what the issue here is.

@HunterC is this not the correct procedure? It works for me. I am confused why everyone is making such a big deal. Hit the dang stopwatch icon beside the set tempā€¦

3 Likes

Hey @2324070933, yes that is one option, it also depends on the app being used (IOS versus Android)

How does the app being used affect pushing a 'button" on the face of the Anova PC?

Are you saying the buttons donā€™t work if you are using IOS or maybe android? Thatā€™s absurd.

One might consider that the person at home may be disabled, sick, elderly, a child, etc. and is unable to press the button. Or maybe a pet. I can imagine my dog starting to howl because of the beeping, and that in turn bothering the neighbors.

Even in May 21, the timer is still garbage. It is still hard to set, no turn unit off, beeping until I touch.

1 Like

The beeping on the timing feture is so annoying. If I have to use my cell phone as a timer, why did they bother with this annoying timer in the first place?

Forget about the Anovaā€™s timer. Itā€™s utterly useless, as many people here have pointed out. Use a kitchen timer, an alarm clock, or your phone, whatever. Any of these work better.

My wife wrote this poem back in 2005. Maybe Anovaā€™s programmers should read it.

High priests

Day and night, my ears are tuned in to their call. The voices will not cease until I rise and serve.

They call me from the deepest sleep, from chatter and embrace. Ablutions nor cookery excuse me from response.

Their voices are many: email ping, trill of seven phones; songs and signs of printer, fax, freezer, fridge;
diverse alarms and doorbells;
oven, stove, stereo;
CD, MP3, DVD and plasma screen.

In times of failing power, seven times seven distress calls beep and flash.

They are high priests of our digital universe; it is both duty and privilege to serve.

And in turn they serve us well. Hot coffee, clean clothes, fast food meet needs of body and of mind. But these high priests fulfil a deeper need: they tell us who we are and what to do.

The sweat of our brows do we sacrifice to their purchase, power and good repair. For they fill our silence, light the dark and stir us from the stillness wherein we may fear death.

Verily until the end of our days will we serve the priests and through them praise the one true profit god, embracing each new revelation with hard-earned cash and hungry heart.

ā€” Ā© Jocelyn Thompson July 2005

Another year has passed, but the beeps endureā€¦

2 Likes