Chicken thighs

My favorite part of the chicken is the thigh and I think I have about got it dialed in thanks to sous vide.

These were cooked at 150F/65C for two hours and then cooled and kept in the fridge overnight until I was ready for them. I rinsed and dried them, added cooking spray and seasoning and put them in a 425F/220C oven for 20 minutes.

For this batch I used Korean BBQ sauce in the bag and Montreal seasoning (salt, pepper, chili flakes) on the skin for the finish. The result was so juicy and delicious! Chicken can go with so many flavors that you can’t go wrong with seasoning.

2 Likes

They look great. I am always amazed how well chicken and pork turn out using the Anova. Since my wife and I like different pieces I might try Cutting a whole chicken in half and removing the back and breast bones then seal it all up in a vacuum bag and cook. Finish it on the grill to avoid heating up the house.

@RichardOL I love chicken thighs - so much more flavor and tender than the white meat. They sound so good. I haven’t tried the thighs sous vide yet, but something tells me I need to!

1 Like

So many animal parts, so little time

1 Like

Haha so true! :smiley:

Looks awesome. So much better than breast meat. In fact, never used to buy breast before sous vide, it was always thigh.

I always do thighs because they turn out juicy and tender. Just did my first sous vide with breast. I usually don’t care for the dried out breast meat, Sous Vide made the breast so juicy and tender. Can’t wait to try my favorite, Chicken thigh!

1 Like