Cooking times by weight?

I am new to Anova Sous Vide cooking
Recipe books I have read never show the cooking time required by weight. They also show large differences in cooking times. For example: Beef tenderloin - cooking time between 1 & 4 hours! That’s a huge difference!
So how do I calculate cooking times by weight?
For example, I have a tenderloin of 500 g (1.1 lb). How long should I cook it for for it to be medium rare?
Thanks in advance

That’s because you don’t alter your sous vide cooking times based on weight, but by thickness.

Some good resources / information for you to get started with:

http://www.douglasbaldwin.com/sous-vide.html

You can also see different cooking times for different cuts of meet (I like to cook my pork ribs for 36 hours, for example). The tenderness of the meat really varies with the cut, so some of these you’re going to cook longer to get the tenderness you desire.

Temperature determines level of doneness, but time makes sure it’s cooked all the way through and to the level of tenderness you desire.

Have fun!! :slight_smile:

Thanks very much for the clarification

Another reason for the variations in cooking time is that there IS no exact “done” time like in other forms of cooking. There is a minimum, but after that the food can stay in the cooker for another hour or three without changing much.