Cooler full of chicken

The weekend is here and a big chicken special in the market. So I filled my 24 quart cooker full of thighs, wings and gizzards. I will be taking them out at different times, but have the temperature set at 145F/63C.

There are 8 thighs in two gallon bags seasoned with Korean BBQ sauce, just what stuck to the pieces.

There are 3 pounds of gizzards seasoned with a mix of Korean BBQ and Sriracha.

Six pounds of wings seasoned with Harry and David Pepper and Onion Relish.

1 Like

First out of the cooker after 4 hours were some boneless, skinless thighs seasoned with Korean BBQ sauce and sriracha with salt, pepper, and chili flakes added on the serving plate. They were tender and juicy with the flavor all through the meat.

2 Likes

They look delicious!

Next out after 5 hours were some thighs seasoned with just Korean BBQ sauce and salt, pepper, and chili flakes added before finishing. 15 minutes in the 425F/220C oven was not quite enough so I got impatient and broke out the Searzall. In retrospect I should have considered that the chicken was refrigerator cold and given it 5 more minutes in the oven.

Anyway, the result was outstanding, moist, tender, and above all, the flavor of the seasoning had gone all through the meat.

1 Like

Thanks for always sharing all of your PERFECT food pics!!!:heart_eyes:

I am a firm believer in “Pictures or it didn’t happen”!!

1 Like

I like what you believe in haha!

How did you finish the gizzards and how did they turn out?