Happy 4th of July!

What’s everyone cookin’?!

Nothing today, but we have some meat sales starting on the 5th. I have my eye on some baby back ribs for the weekend.

1 Like

Oh, you’re right about that! I need to make a pitstop to the market and find out what post-holiday deals they have. Thanks for the reminder! @RichardOL

Well, 4th of July isn’t much of a splash down here. But it’s the middle of school winter holidays so there tends to be a bit going on.

I myself arrived home from a long vacation in Tasmania. Arrived home tired with a fairly barren fridge, so there wasn’t much on offer other than eggs. Scrambled. Heston style and topped with fresh Tasmanian black truffle. :smiley: Happy and lazy welcome home meal.

1 Like

Baby back ribs, $2.99

1 Like

Woahhh :heart_eyes: @RichardOL

I hope you had an amazing vacation! Australia is general is in my list of places I’d like to visit! Eggs are always the answer!!! @Ember

Tassie pretty much equates to foodie paradise for me. Gorgeous seafood, wild rainbow and brown trout, truffles, amazing artisan cheeses, fresh truffles, saffron, heritage pork, lamb, venison, Dexter and Wagyu beef, beautiful vegies. Artisan whiskey, gin, cider and beer. And temperate rainforest wilderness.

Yup… My idea of paradise.

1 Like

Just grilled Bratwurst from Wisconsin for me along with potato salad.

Went to the local parade.

1 Like

Ah, sounds delightful! :heart_eyes: @Ember

1 Like

@john.jcb Sounds like the perfect afternoon to me.

Here are my ribs. I bought three racks and cooked them 16 hours at 145F/63C, then 4 more hours at 165F/74C just because when I looked at the bags, the meat was not pulling back off the bone at all, so I turned up the temperature.

At that point, they were moist and had some bite. Many people would have sauced and served right there, but I like them more off the bone.

I put them in a 425F/220C oven for 25 minutes and they were just the way I like them.

I am glad I waited until after the holiday.

1 Like

Excuse me as I drool in a corner as I stare at your food pics! @RichardOL :yum:

1 Like

1 Like