Keep bags from floating

Thanks! Yeah I’m lovin that setup. Those are the Ikea “VARIERA Pot lid organizer, stainless steel” racks. I was going to say they are about $5-6 each from Ikea, but $13 from the Ikea Canada site (what’s up with that??). Haha.

Anyway, your LIPAVI rack is definitely a step up from those. My next upgrade will probably be a better vacuum sealer- my seal-a-meal has seen better days. Cheers.

1 Like

I put a natural rubber grommet (melting point 180C/356F) around the opening today. Here is a pic.

2 Likes

I tried to find that everywhere! Where did you find it??

1 Like

Found it at CableOrganizer(dot)com

Isoprene (natural rubber), 2-1/2" diameter, 19/100" grommet width.
Make sure you have clean edges- taking off a tiny amount around the 2.5 inch opening in your container is fine and may be necessary if you want the PC to be easily removed from the lid.
The grommet may stretch as you put it around the hole in the lid so carefully start at one side and relieve the tension it if it looks like it is way too big (it’s rubber so it is workable and stretchable).
If you get a really tight fit (and you are okay with that), use a soap or safe detergent (oil can degrade the rubber) as a lubricant to get the PC through the grommet and rinse it after it is installed.
If you get a loose fit (and want a quick easy fix for that) you can get a 2-1/8" diameter O-ring from any auto parts store and roll it up the PC so that the O-ring sits on top and seals any space between the grommet and the Anova PC.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have to find a source here…but cable supply companies will be the most likely (these guys want $26 to ship a $1.60 grommet to Canada) :slight_smile: Pretty bad! :slight_smile:

Hi! To day I am making my first cooking ‘‘Green Been with salt and butter in a ziplock bag’’ The little devil would not sink I am sure that a knife in the bag would not do it. I grab a 2 pound rock and put it on the bag it been an hours and a half and it has not move an inch if it does I plan on adding a brick…

1 Like

Genius idea!

@Joelande was it ever able to sink?

I went to the local hardware store and bought two feet of the heaviest chain that has zinc coating.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’ll definitely get things to sink!