Nano, Multicook, MultiStep and current wi-fi bluetooth cookers

Yay! That’s very welcome news. Thank you @AlyssaWOAH.

You’re welcome! I haven’t even told the Facebook group yet. See, there’s some perks being in here! :wink: @Ember

1 Like

That’s the A answer, Alyssa! :+1:

Good Job Anova. :wink:

I guess I WILL cook that Rack of Lamb in my Anova WiFi tonight! :sunglasses:

T

1 Like

And yet the Nano, which is BT only, has these functions, which are controlled by the app and not the cooker.

Bravo.

Unless I’ve missed something, this thread seems to have conflicting information from Community Support regarding whether the existing WiFi model has or does’t have MultiCook + MultiStep Support. I recall Community Support saying that it WILL…then a while later saying it is not confirmed. BUT…The Anova website (Anova Precision® Cooker Nano – Anova Culinary) has a chart comparing the 3 models. It specifically states that, in addition to the Nano the WiFi precision cooker ALSO has MultiCook + MultiStep Support. It also states that only the WiFi Precision Cooker offers Alexa + Google Home Integration. I have not seen or heard anything more about either of these two features but, it would seem to me that if it turns out the existing WiFi model does NOT have that capability, then it would be construed as a deliberate case of false advertising … refunds and would open up a can or worms that I am sure Anova wouldn’t want. Unless, which I doubt, Anova has been overcome with their enthusiasm about what is just a potential capability, I have to believe the capability will be available to the wifi model. Just saying…

Never said our current models will/wont, but was waiting for that information to be confirmed (you can see my responses within this thread and others). As soon as it was confirmed, the product comparison chart was also added to our site to give clarity between our products.

There has been a lot of discussion between members in the community surrounding the multistep and multicook functions for our existing models on here, but it wasn’t confirmed by myself until yesterday. :blush:

You are correct - our WiFi devices currently have Alexa + Google Home capabilities.

Hi Larz,

I’m not addressing the wi-fi unit I’m just pointing out that Anova is abandoning all the precision cooker BT model owners, since the Nano is also BT only and the logic for the multi-step, multi-cook is in the app.

1 Like

@AlyssaWOAH - you may want to prod the powers that be at ANova again…you guys have been selling a lot of the bluetooth PC’s - that’s a pretty big chuck of your customer base to risk alienating.

(I just figured you guys still had a bunch of the BT logic boards kicking around…figured you would have stopped making them by now) :wink:
…considering that’s really the only difference between them and the v1 wifi model.

Anywho. @acs does raise a good point. As the BT models don’t have a cloud connection, why exactly can’t they support multi cook and multi step?

Gonna get more details on this and report back with all of you! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing it in action. I have a WIFI model and have a Nano in preorder!

Has the comparison chart been removed from the site?

@PeterVDB it was just moved to a different page on our site: https://support.anovaculinary.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003226823-The-Anova-Nano-FAQ

How about support for controlling multiple Anova from the one app? I’d like to be able to control both my BT and my WiFi from the one app when running two different cooks, rather than having two devices, each controlling one Anova.

1 Like

@PHL that would be the MultiCook function! :slight_smile: It has been confirmed that both the current WI-FI APC and Nano will have this functionality. Once I get any new updates about the BT device, I’ll let the community know!

1 Like

@AlyssaWOAH Can we get an update on MultiCook support for existing BT models? Today I received info via email that BT models will provide support for MultiCook (planned future release) via OTA firmware update. Can I get an absolute confirmation? It impacts my decision path with the current Nano Options. (Ticket: 267501)

@Ryan.Carver Yes, that is indeed true. This was recently confirmed. Which reminds me, I need to post up an update in the community on this.

@AlyssaWOAH Does the roadmap have any timeframe for MultiCook on BT? Are we looking at 1Q2018? Beyond? Magic 8-Ball says, “Ask again later”? :smiley:

@Ryan.Carver I don’t have a concrete time estimate for you right now. My 8-ball response is actually…

“Cannot predict now”

:frowning: :disappointed_relieved:

But! I will be updating everyone here as more information comes.

Sounds Good. :thumbsup:

1 Like