Sous Vide Racks for Canada

I was able to source the Cambro 12189CW135 via Stables in Canada, but I’ve had no luck getting a rack to hold the sous vide pouches once my wifi precision cooker arrives (want to have everything else ready so that’s the last thing).

LIPAVI doesn’t ship to Canada, only the US and Europe.  Does anyone have a reseller that sells the L15 (26SD) in Canada or ships to Canada, or an equivalent rack that we can use?

I thought I was set with one that matched the posted dimensions for the Cambro - but, upon receipt, discovered that there’s significant tapering of the container.  It’s only 8" x 14" at the bottom.

Any leads that people could provide would be great, thanks!

Looks like the Weber Rib Rack may fit (http://www.homedepot.ca/product/weber-original-rib-rack/860321)  It’s dimensions are 8.13" x 13.19" - $18.99 up here.  The folks in the US (of course) can get it way cheaper - $12.99 at Walmart.

I’ll get this today - update here if it fits well. (of course, I also have to be able to fit the PC into the container).

I have two of the SousVide Supreme racks that seem to work well. 

@Sam said:

Info where you can buy them in Canada?

Btw…the Weber Rib Rack seems like it will be useful.  Only just shy of 4" in height though, so less than ideal.  

@Sam said:

Though their base shipping seems to be $10.95, which is very reasonable, some of their surcharges seem a little scary.  Any idea what you got dinged for shipping?

According to my order history, I bought two of them last year. Total price was $35.93. Shipping was $9.95. The racks may have been on sale.

@Sam said:
According to my order history, I bought two of them last year. Total price was $35.93. Shipping was $9.95. The racks may have been on sale.

Thanks!  I’ve also contacted LIPAVI to see if they have any intention of offering their racks in Canada.  Hope so.  They’re pricey, but they’re also very functional.  I really want that L15 rack.  
If LIPAVI doesn’t come back with anything, I’ll snag one of the Supreme racks.  Between it and the Weber, that should cover me off for most of the cooking I end up doing with the PC.  

Just to update this topic (for fellow Canadians still looking for good Sous Vide Racks) - unless someone has found a retailer in Canada that sells the LIPAVI racks, I think our best option is the Sous Vide Supreme racks.

LIPAVI did finally open up a storefront on Amazon.ca, but they’re gouging us HORRIBLY!!! :frowning:  Seriously…just criminal!

The L15 is $69 on the US store, but a whopping $224 on the Canadian store (should be less than $100 with the exchange).
https://www.amazon.ca/LIPAVI-Sous-Vide-Rack-Collapsible/dp/B00PMO6YU4/

The weber rib rack works well, but it’s rusting at all of the welds (wasn’t designed for water).  

Go to idea get the VARIERA POT RACK adjustable and removable arms.

IKEA

@HUNTER said:
Go to idea get the VARIERA POT RACK adjustable and removable arms.

Yep, I’ve seen that and similar racks.  Really not at all comparable to the L15.
> @HUNTER said:
IKEA

What about them??  (Just took a look - 0 search results for sous vide on their website).

I tried buying from amazon.com but the shipping and handling is almost $100.00. It is really annoying to see how cheap this is on Amazon.com and an almost 3 fold increase in Canada.

Unfortunately, you just have to keep looking. You may get lucky like I did and find a reseller willing to ship to Canada.
(I was lucky enough, I just checked back one day and there was one for sale).

Either that or get a friend in the US to order one for you. :slight_smile:

I’m not having much luck finding something to use in Australia. If you think shipping to Canada is difficult or expensive, you want to try getting things to the lands downunder.

I requested the other half to visit Ikea for me when he was near civilization last weekend, and even gave him the name and number of the pot rack, and he came up with a big fat nothing. I’ll have to try the website to see if it’s in stock, but it galls to pay $20 to ship a $10 item.

It just pains me to see that I live in the rear end of the world. I will talk to a friend who may be able to pick it up in the US. It is so annoying.

I just got an Amazon notification that the Lapavi racks were on special, and for once the postage wasn’t ludicrously high. This does happen occasionally… very occasionally. It still means that I’m paying AUD60+ for it, but such is life when you live in the boondocks of the world.

1 Like