Straighten the impeller

Is there a way I can straighten out the impeller? My unit is a little more than a year old. I have the bluetooth version, purchased from Amazon.

I pulled it from the box to use it today and the impeller is rattling inside the sleeve. When I pull the sleeve off I can see the impeller is bent. Can this be fixed?

How long is the warranty if I need to file a claim?

@m0nk33 yep, there’s a way. Also, warranty is up to for a year, but it never hurts to reach out to support to find out what your options are.

A grinding or rattling noise is usually caused when the stainless steel skirt is loose. Here’s instructions on how to fix this:

1. push the stainless skirt up into the guide groove and turn to the right until you hear a click.

2. With the skirt secure, the noise will go away.

Here’s a video.

If that didn’t fix it, the grinding noise might also be due to a slightly bent stirring shaft. How to fix this:

1. unscrew the clear plastic end cap on the bottom of the device and gently push the impeller until it is centered

Let me know if that fixes it!

-Alyssa

@m0nk33 wanted to follow up with you. Did it work?

Alyssa - Are you still working with Anova? Did you ever find a more concise explanation for the source and cure for this problem

Without actually seeing the issue, it’s hard for me to come with a conclusion. There can be a couple of reasons. If you’re personally having trouble with your cooker, I’d reach out to support.

Thanks for getting back to me! I’ve reached out to support, got the stall notice, but haven’t had any human contact yet. The food I was planning on cooking is in the fridge and I don’t expect it will be all that good if anoher 24 hrs go by. My situation is that the impeller is off center and hitting on the piece of metal that incircles it. It doesn’t easily center that is I can push it towards center but it just springs back. I don’t want to go to any extremes for fear of breaking something.

Since it appears that a lot of people have or have had this problem I was hoping that a fix had been developed, hopefully something I can do here without mailing the unit in

Thanks again for getting back to me

@AlyssaWOAH I’ve actually had this same issue with the impeller rattling against the heating element. I ended up unscrewing the base and realized that the plastic base on mine where the screws tighten against the motor bracket was completely shattered. this was causing the entire heating element assembly to not be stable any more…

ive had this unit for a few years but never abused it… used it maybe a dozen or so times… disappointing that the internal build quality of this unit is so poor