SOOOO I have made many improvements to the model. I made a 1:1 replacement of the clamp, and tested a fit my 3D printing it. I also included McMaster items for those looking to get the right hardware.
I am next going to look in to dropping the device further into the pot I have with a new clamp. If I can drop it into the pot, I can use less water for most cooks. I am printing these prototypes on a Makerbot out of PLA just for the fit. the final version would be made out of Onyx on a Markforged, carbon fiber 3D printer, because of the higher end temperatures the clamp would see while the pot is hot.