Half the posts are in Chinese

How do I convert to English or filter out those posts?

We are deleting them. They are Spam. Do not click on them

So the new board software doesn’t have the capability to block these spammers? (would have thought that would have been one of the points to doing the switch - it happens often enough).

I clicked on a few when I first signed up. Any dangers?

It was part of the Wi-Fi update about two months back.

Huh?? I’m talking about the board software that the community is hosted on…not the app for controlling the PC.

The posts themselves, no.
Any links they might have contained should be considered questionable and are best avoided.

It was a joke, son.

Their anti-spam software is about as well developed and tested as that wi-fi update was.

They are actually quite crafty. They use multiple servers, different email addresses, multiple user names and other tricks that make it difficult to defeat them with simple blocking. I have asked if we can put new members on hold until they are approved to eliminate the posts.

The last time I checked they were spamming for a gambling site in Korea. I would avoid it. Lately they have been submitting varied messages probably all to the same place but if I cant read it I don’t take the chance. Just like you should never open emails or attachments from unknown senders.

There has been an increase in Ransom ware lately so it is always better to be safe.

I think they are all removed; at least for now.

Spammers have been using those exact same tricks for ages to get past poorly implemented systems. Not sure how that qualifies as crafty.

Your efforts are appreciated though, shame you are the one stuck with cleaning up the mess.

I couldn’t understand the posts much less find a link in there so that is good.
They probably have all this free time since they don’t have to watch the cooking of their dinner so closely. Maybe ban the Anova in those countries. Make them cook the old fashion way and they won’t have such a vast amount of free time on their hands.

I actually LOL’d at that. Well played Ron.

1 Like

Hey all! There are some things built in to this site that are supposed to block them from posting. I am working on fixing it today, thanks for deleting them @john.jcb!

I deleted some yesterday, but I will definitely have to figure out a way to make it harder for them to get in.

Update: The problem should be fixed, I just installed a plug-in which will increase security.

Let me know if you see anything though!

Looks like it didn’t work entirely. There’s a bunch more (maybe it minimized the issue - as normally these guys make pages and pages of entries - right now it appears there’s only 9).

Yeah saw it this morning. I will see if there is more I can do to stop them. Thanks for the heads up!

Nothing this morning. Hoping for continued success.

For all the effort they put into posting I wonder if anyone ever spent a dime on their gambling sites; I doubt it. Most people are smart enough now to not click on any link or attachment that they are not sure of.

1 Like

They were back again. Only 15 or so posts. Once again 3 per username. I deleted and selected block IP which does not seem to do much.

1 Like

thanks @john.jcb! I will look into more we can do to stop them today

生まれつきの怪物、ハル。

:slight_smile: