Preparing chicken in the morning for afternoon eating

Hi,

I have a question regarding the best way to set up my cooker to have chicken ready to eat in the afternoon.

I was planning on putting some chicken breasts in water with the Anova set up in the morning, before turning it on remotely from work to have ready approx 11 hours later.

What would be the best way to do this. Freeze the chicken and put in ice water? Just ice water? Refrigerated chicken with cold water?

Thanks
Stewart

It’s perfectly safe to reheat cooked chicken if it’s been cooked in a vacuum-sealed pouch, so I would fully cook the chicken in the Anova the night before, chill it and put it in the fridge overnight. Then when it’s time to eat it just needs a quick reheat, either in the microwave or by dunking it back in the bath for 20 minutes or so. And unlike conventional cooking methods, reheating cooked chicken this way is indistinguishable from freshly cooked chicken in terms of texture and taste.

I usually cook a number of chicken breasts in advance and keep them in the fridge until I need them, some I reheat for dinner and some I slice up and use in sandwiches for work. If the vacuum seal is good, they keep in the fridge for at least a couple of weeks.