Sous Vide Egg Bites @ Starbucks Recipe?

without having eaten or seen one (beyond your links) it kind of looks like you could just lubricate something appropriately shaped with olive oil or canola spray, bang the (precooked if required) non-egg ingredients in, flatten them so there’s no yolky-pokey, followed by the egg, then follow standard bagging and cooking at 62-71 deg c depending upon what texture you want.

the flat rigid bottom suggests that this is likely similar to what they do, and they likely do a hard cook, ie 71c or above. the ridges in the “top” suggest they may have some kind of round bottom plastic bag. although being egg maybe the ridges occurred during packaging.

once cooked, it looks like they broil (expose to direct heat) it from above for a bit to melt cheese/add colour. I’d probably add some pepper in with the non-egg ingredients, but not add salt until after the sous vide bath, or add the salt when you eat it.

i reckon a touch of smokey paprika would go awesome with the cheese.

edit: as for the shape, a muffin tin would be awesome. then just vac it if possible before sous vide bath tub time. or ziploc and a lot of inhaling.

edit 2: on closer inspection it looks like they whisk the eggs and mix through the ingredients. either way i guess.

3 Likes