You Can Now Print, Share, Save Recipes!

If you were hanging out at the recipes section of our site recently, you might have noticed something a bit different.

That’s because there IS something different. :heart_eyes:

There are 3 new additions:

1. Print Recipes
  2. Share Recipes
  3. Save Recipes

You can find these functions under the cover photo for the recipe.

If you have any questions, let me know! Thanks. :slight_smile:

-Alyssa

6 Likes

Here’s how you can find your Favorite/Saved Recipes on the site:

1. Hover over your username
  2. Click on “My Favorites”
  3. Takes you to your favorites

Hopefully you can add the number of suggested servings each recipe makes next. Thanks for the new features!

1 Like

Can this be unified with the Favorites list from the mobile app?

2 Likes

Probably - we’re actually working on that right now. :slight_smile:

Saving a recipe. It’s not working for me.
I received an email with recipes and tried to save one. I inputted my email address and it stated ‘email not found’.
I signed in directly with a different tab and then tried to hover over username and there is nothing there.
Is something wrong on my end? Thanks

You probably need to create an account. The sign in information you use here in the community is not the same for the recipes site. They’re not linked. So if you have never created a log in for the recipes site, you’ll need to do that. Have you created a username + pass with the app? Should be able to use the same credentials for the recipes page.

1 Like

@jbee Were you able to get things rolling with the recipes page?

Yes I did. Just now. I wonder why the same sign in isn’t site wide.
Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s something we’re working on merging. Awesome - glad you were able to get that set up!

Something I just noticed, that I find annoying. Recipes have ml options for fluid but still quote ounces for weight. Particularly looking at the bacon vodka recipe.

Guys, most of the world uses metric measurements. I know Anova is a US based business but keep up.

1 Like

Oh, and @AlyssaWOAH, it’s another recipe that sends the wrong time to the Cooker. It is a problem any time that the total time on a recipe differs from the suggested cooking time.

1 Like

I agree completely, and I sincerely hope the Anova team takes notice! I appreciate that Anova “is a US-based business”, but in my view that’s irrelevant to the core issue which is consistency throughout a given recipe!!! If metric measurements are given for some ingredients, then all measurements for all ingredients should be metric. If US customary units are used for some ingredients, then all measurements should be specified in US customary units. And although I keep a conversion app handy on my iPhone, I applaud those writers who take pity on us older Yanks who grew-up in the decades before the metric system took over the rest of the civilized universe and parenthetically include both measurements in recipes; e.g., 350 grams (12.345 ounces) or 60 ml (2.028 fluid ounces). Awkward, perhaps; but better than the ambivalence and confusion of mixing measurement units in the same recipe.

1 Like

Thanks @LillyJo. I was so worried I was being a pedant.

I agree both options should be provided.

That honestly makes sense. I will forward that feedback to the rest of the team about converting our measurements. Also which recipe is sending the wrong cooking time? I can get that fixed. @Ember

1 Like

The Bacon Infused Vodka. It gives a total time of 4 hours 40 mins but the cook time itself is only 40 mins. The entire 4:40 goes across to the APC.

It’s much the same as happened with the recipe for the lamb shank confit. And I’m guessing it’s the case with any recipe where there is a difference between the total recipe time and the actual cook time.

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile: It’s been flagged for an edit.

1 Like

They should be linked! Are you really expecting Anova clients to go to great lengths as I have done today putting real information in the app designed for iPhones nd then do it all over again? This is a Constructive improvement request and not aimed to upset anyone.

1 Like