Ice Bath Option in Wifi App

I bought the wifi model specifically after reading about this feature. Please bring it back! I don’t want to return my device but this was a major selling point for me

3 Likes

My wifi version from amazon is literally out for delivery as I’m typing this message. This feature is the reason I paid the extra $50 for this version over the bluetooth one. This feature is still listed on your amazon sale page.

Relax, your food’s safe with Anova - if water temperature rises above 40 before your scheduled cook time, Auto-Cook will trigger your cook to keep it safe.

I’m extremely disappointed that this feature has gone from being listed in reviews and on your storefront as a key reason to pay for the more expensive version and has been silently stripped out. I’ll be reaching out to amazon to see if I can get a refund.

3 Likes

Are you still able to monitor the temp though? Or only if the circulator is on?

This is very disappointing. I had a blue tooth device and upgraded to the wifi for this specific reason. If you are not going to bring it back I will likely return it as well. I need the ice bath option.

1 Like

You can monitor the temperature by opening the app and checking. But I didn’t buy the Anova so I can check the app every 20mins, but rather have a notification pushed to me when the temperature reaches 4 degrees C; and the option to start cooking.

I don’t want a workaround.

1 Like

I actually didn’t know this WAS a feature but holy CRAP would that make my life easier. I want this so much. It would make it possible for me to cook way more things and use my Anova literally every day rather than just on certain days. I love my Anova. I use it very often. I have used a recipe found in the app exactly one time–when making boiled eggs–and would much prefer a separate recipe app and this feature.

Please streamline the app and bring back this feature. I want the icebath option and I want it now. It would genuinely fix the single largest problem with making dinner for my household.

1 Like

@HunterC is Anova refunding all users who bought the wifi version on the basis of being able to utilize the ice bath option? In my opinion, that is the only reason to upgrade to the wifi option. That’s like a Apple taking out the internet/wifi/data feature on the Iphone yet still talking about how great their upgrades are.

Hi @vansous, in response to those articles, at the time they were published, the feature was available, but the articles have not been updated. and yes, you can still monitor the temperature from you app currently.

To @Thoenix @prehder @MarkFugs @nmh5028 @CCFJ40 @randall13 @warrenshroyer, it is something we are definitley bringing back, we are just working on making it as accurate as possible, because when dealing with food safety we want to make sure there are no bugs before we release.

@sweez1230, we will not be offering refunds, as we have never said that the icebath function was available after we removed it. But don’t worry we are listening to this feedback and bringing it back. It will be coming soon :slight_smile:

(Also sorry for the late reply I have been at CES since Wednesday, and just got back this morning)

1 Like

Add me as another person who bought the device for this feature. I just tried out my first remote cook today and unfortunately forgot to check the app myself until 5:30pm, and my bath was already too warm to start the cooking safely. I was looking at my phone for various purposes all day and would not have to throw away my meal tonight.

I don’t understand the safety comment – given that the app already has the current temperature, it is very simple to remind the user to check when it hits a certain temperature. If there is a concern about the app not having an accurate temperature, should I be worried about checking it manually to determine when to start my cook?

Thank you for the reply. Glad to know the feature is coming back soon. Rather have it work safely than get food poisoning… Even without that feature, i’m loving everything I’ve made with it so far!

I just ordered the Wifi version this morning after reading about the Ice Bath option from the CNET review. It is the reason I went with the Wifi version and why I chose your company over the competitors.

I was shocked to read here the feature was actually removed, and nearly canceled the order.
However I’m glad to see you say it will be coming back soon.

I only have a 45 day window to return so hopefully it comes back before then or else I have to return it.

As far as I am aware the ice bath function has never been available for android. Is there plans to bring it to android as well?

Please restore that functionality, as you can see you’re creating upset customers, bad opinions travel much faster than good ones.

It is on the roadmap to be re-integrated. It should also be on the the next big update of the Android app. We know you all want it, and are working hard to implement it :slight_smile:

What’s the target for the next release?

@HunterC I’m new to Anova… but the ‘missing’ ice bath feature… is that different than scheduling your cook for later in the day? What I’m curious about is this…

Can I still schedule something at home (when I’m on the same network) to begin cooking later, leave it in an ice bath so that it’s cold, and remotely monitor the current temperature of the water so that, if it’s too warm I can manually start it? Is it basically that the auto-turn-on feature (that I’m guessing was present with the ice bath option) is no longer available, but we can still manually do it from a remote location? (Basically, what’s on Page 9 of the manual).

I downloaded the Anova iPhone App several days ago to look at the manual and look at recipes, and after doing this I made my purchase, on Friday or Saturday, and got next-day delivery. I made something today at home, but definitely purchased this based on the functionality found on page 9 of the manual.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Macho

I want this too!

Great news - we expect ice bath setup to be back in action in the next month or so…woohoo! Here’s some background:

We’ll keep ya posted with the exact timeline and whatnot as soon as we’ve got new details.

3 Likes

Wow!! I “re-invented” this and searched the internet to see if someone had thought of it. Then I saw the CNET review and said “I have got to search the app to see where it is”. Not finding it, I found this thread and was crestfallen. I hope you bring it back soon. I have the WiFi ANOVA in an ice bath right now to see how it will work, but the app does not show the “actual” temperature, just the set temperature unless you are in the cooking cycle. Hmmm… I set the temperature at 0° F and started the ANOVA. Now it shows the ice temperature, but what a funny work around.

Yesss!!! :heart_eyes: