Setting time and temp for beginners

My unit does not have a “clock” icon. The start button never changes from red. What am I doing wrong or do I have a defective unit?

Hey @Nancyd! I responded to you in the other topic, but I’ll just post here too - just in case you missed it!

Try this out: Plug in the device. A red start button should immediately appear. Hold the red button for a few seconds until you see the timer button. The timer button will appear in white to the right of the bottom set of numbers. Once you see it, you’ll be able to press and hold the timer button and adjust accordingly.

Please let me know if this helps in any way and if this works! :slight_smile:

Hello, when I push on the red button for a few seconds it toggles between farenheit and Celcius. How can I modify the timer? Thank you

Ingeniously, you need to hold down the button for a further five seconds (for a total of eight seconds) before you can set the timer. Yes, indeed, it is impossible to set the timer without changing the temperature unit. Once you are done setting the timer, you then can press and hold the button for another three seconds to set the temperature unit back to what it was.

Once the timer expires, it will beep forever, three beeps every five seconds, until you turn off the unit manually. You cannot stop the beeps from the app.

My suggestion: forget about the timer, either on the unit or from the app. It’s useless. Just set the temperature, turn the thing on, and use a kitchen timer or alarm clock or some such to tell you when things are done. No more problems that way.