Beef Wellington

Beef Wellington. Chuck roast seasoned with salt and cooked 131°F / 48 hours. Pulled, chilled, and seared. Diced mushroom, shallot, and garlic and cooked until all moisture was gone. Spread spicy mustard over the beef and then wrapped beef in prosciutto and duxelles, then tossed in freezer for 30 minutes. Removed, wrapped in puff pastry, added a puff pastry lattice, then baked at 475°F for 15 minutes until golden.

RECIPE HERE: Sous Vide Beef Wellington

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing, @colewagoner! Looks good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ditto alyssa

1 Like

That looks like a little bit of heaven to put on a plate. And I bet it had so much more flavour for using chuck rather than the traditional tenderloin. Like an extreme Wellington.

I’m just imagining a wellington with some sweet shades and a ripped Tee.

1 Like

Also, welcome back lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looks delicious. Love the puff pastry lattice on top!

1 Like

This looks great but what cook time/temp would be best for a beef tenderloin? 1.5-2 lbs. Any advise appreciated. There was a sale at a local market and I am ready to go!

1 hr per inch of thickness at thickest point. Tenderloin is a very low work muscle and doesn’t need much more than that.

Curious about temperatures in farenheit I saw other comments about 2 hour minimum if cook temp is set below 130. Other recipe temps range from 124 to 131

Lots of information about that elsewhere on the forum @Teresa1 and there’s always the Sous Vide Bible for more information at well.

1 Like