Bulk tenderloin cooking

That title might be a little misleading. I am expecting to cook for a group of eight friends. I purchased my tenderloin steaks and have vacuumed sealed and frozen them in a layer in one bag. Instead of thawing and cooking in individual bags I was going to put them as is in my anova cooker and use the standard medium rare temperature and time settings. When done I plan to do a quick ice bath and put them on the BBQ for a quick sear.

I would appreciate any comments, cautions or experiences.

Sounds great. Make sure the grill is nice and hot and perhaps finish with herbed butter or coarse salt.

Apensa, for your cook plan keep in mind 9 frozen steaks bring a lot of frozen water to your cook. Will your SV water bath accommodate the package and allow ample water circulation?

The standard medium rare temperature and time settings, whatever they are, don’t permit sufficient time to SV cook frozen meat to attain temperature equilibrium.

As an example, consider that the standard SV heating time for 1 1/2-inch or 37 mm thick steaks requires about 2 3/4 hours. The same frozen steaks at the same cooking temperature will require about 4 hours to reach equilibrium.

Your contemplated quick ice bath will retard searing on the grill resulting in a longer sear time if you are using visual information potentially resulting in overcooked steaks. This cat sears hotter and quicker after the SV cook and applies a little clarified butter for visual entertainment and enhanced flavour.

Make it a great meal.

Your plan sounds great! Enjoy!