Feature request - "user/system" variable support in recipes & "duplicate recipe"

A few days-old owner of a new APO here, and already see that the key to this oven’s potential lies in future software updates. I hope it’s not too early to suggest a feature which I think can be very powerful, and that is the use of using “user” or “system” variables.

It seems as is the recipes are rather inflexible, requiring the entry of specific times or temperatures. I ran in to this almost immediately when I wanted to create a staged recipe for a combined Sous Vide Express (to a 10C below desired internal temp using a +5C boost in oven temp) followed by a conventional equilibrium cook at the desired internal temp. As I use varying target temps depending on the cut of meat, I ended up creating 4 recipes covering low Medium Rare, Medium Rare, high Medium Rare and a Medium, a very tedious process indeed especially w/o a “duplicate recipe” feature. Each recipe variation had to be entered in anew…

This would be much easier if one could define a user variable for each recipe, say %TargetTempC%, and enter in the recipe, for example, %TargetTempC% - 10 for the initial Sous Vide Express target probe temp, %TargetTempC% + 5 for the initial Sous Vide Express oven temp, and of course %TargetTempC% for the final stage equilibrium cook target probe temp and oven temp. This would all be in lieu of having to enter in specific numbers for any of these parameters, other than defining the %TargetTempC% value only once in the recipe, or better yet, via a prompt to the user at “run-time”. This avoids the tedious editing in various places of a recipe, or its duplication and editing as I had to do w/o this feature…

As a second and perhaps more likely feature request, it would be great to allow for the duplication of a recipe to ease the creation of recipe variations.

Just a little clarification on the idea, as I fear my wording wasn’t very clear, or at least to those unfamiliar w/programming terms or concepts. I talk about the idea elsewhere in a response to another post that brings up some of the same issues that I encountered when creating Sous Vide recipe variations to run at different temps…

My clarification on the idea can be found here a this link: Recipes in the app - can you copy? - #8 by cgfan