Flickering lights?

Not sure when this started for me… But man is it annoying!!!

I only noticed it today, first time cooking with my unit for quite some time… Maybe a year. I have loaned it to a sister-in-law and just recently got it back.

I live alone, so luckily it doesn’t drive my family crazy. I’m an empty nester :frowning:

This is unacceptable! I’d love to hear back from anova about possible corrections?

I’m literally walking through my house and shutting off lights, aren’t there some people who can have epileptic episodes? I don’t think I would.

Short recap. I’m witnessing what everyone seems to in this thread. I noticed my lights flickering. I had never noticed this before so I started to investigate my house. Everywhere is flickering. Then I got the idea to disconnect my unit and the flickering immediately stopped. I have a nickname light bulb types that include fluorescent and incandescent. I’m unsure of the model number, I’ve owned it for a few years… It does have Wi-Fi built in.

15 minutes left on this cook. I can’t wait for this to be over.

I guess my next Google search will be for models that don’t cause flickering. On Monday I’ll call annova to get the latest info.

Ken, flickering house lights everywhere is unusual in contemporary buildings, not so much in century old homes with outdated electrical supply and wiring. Faulty grounded circuits can cause flickering.

With some Anova’s drawing about 1,200 watts in heating mode they can take 80% of a 15 amp rated ctrcuit. I would consider checking what else is drawing power on the same circuit when SV cooking. Of course the usual symptom of over drawing power on a circuit is a blown fuse or tripped breaker.

However, absolutely get technical advice from Anova people. I don’t know what type of logic circuitry they use to maintain temperatures. If your APC’s heating coil is rapidly turning on and off at full power your machine could be faulty and inducing the flickering you observe.

If the Anova folks don’t have a solution when everywhere is flickering you might want to engage an electrician to investigate.

I was having this problem and couldn’t figure out what the problem was. I was cooking in a pot and was covering the pot with aluminum foil to avoid losing water through evaporation. Once I took the aluminum foil off of the pot the flickering stopped. Hopefully this helps someone else…