Heating up Brisket

I do not pretend to understand the “dreaded verbosity hook” but if it reduces the amount of information and advice from chatnoir I would be most against it.
Frank’s is one of the most trustworthy, knowledgeable and useful voices about all things cooking.
Sous vide benefits from his wisdom and I look forward to his posts and learn a great deal from them.
May they keep coming and he should not be silenced or edited.
What say you, fellow forum members?

1 Like

Thank you Miks, i appreciate your supportive comments. I do my best for this Community’s cooks.

The Anova folks have an annoying automated Community moderator that interrupts whenever a forum contributor makes several posts to a topic. It makes the incredulous statement that by making a thread of posts in response to a question in this Community Forum i somehow prevent others from contributing here.
Seriously?

Has Corporate America become so grievously threatened by free speech that an automated system is needed to curtail it?

1 Like

If Chat gets chopped or curtailed in any way, my brisket would get very hot indeed! I agree with the numerous comments here in several different threads about how valuable Chat’s contributions are. And as I’ve noted a few times here, I’d like to see this community forum get more use, rather than so many Anova oven and circulator users going to Reddit. Reddit is fine for anyone who likes it, but I feel the quality and detail on this site are of a very high standard, thanks largely to Chat and a few others who are so generous with their vast knowledge and experience. BTW, I was in contact with Anova recently and I understand they DO have improvements to this site on the agenda, so I look forward to that and will advocate as needed for full discussion and less "bot"ulism. More of the former from Chat can clearly reduce (or eliminate) any problems with the latter! I don’t always have time to contribute to the commentary as often as I might like, but I always enjoy reading about everyone’s experiences and I try to add something when I can if I think its useful. So if it’s of interest to anyone - I can report that I purchased the new custom-fitted steel that Anova is now marketing in partnership with an American company that specializes in baking steels. I’m very happy with it for my bread, but haven’t tried it yet for pizza. In the meantime, I’m still working on finding the ideal temperature for my sourdough. I can always get an ear in my Dutch oven in the big oven, but not so reliably in the Anova. I would welcome any suggestions! Probably should have started a new thread, but there you go. It was concern for Chat that compelled me to finally sit down and do this!

Hey Happy, thank you for the compliments. I going to have to source a high potency ego-supression medication after your and Mik’s posts today.

I want you to know that i’m under no known threat by Anova, only their robo-moderator’s continuing annoyances.

The only other site i participate in is a small-cap and natural resources investment focused one where some people go overboard with accusations and spamming that earns them suspensions. Before the pandemic and the arrival a hoard of internet Huns it was a pleasantly informative and profitable forum.
And so the universe unfolds.

Let’s get back to cooking.

I would go for 130 at 80% humidity

Sadly, yes, and then some

Where. did you do that?