New Steam Oven

I just tried TO use my new Steam oven and I did not get past step one " Set the oven to 356° using the rear heating element for 15 minutes and press start" Max temp. for rear element is 212°. Now what?
I hope that this is not indicative of the units quality.

Make sure the Sous Vide function is off. Max temp with Sous Vide is 212.

Regards,
Mike

Hanks for your response. How do you turn Sous Vide function on and off?

image001.jpg

Hi! You can select or deselect sous vide mode in the App or on the front of the handle. Refer to page 10 in the user guide for a diagram: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iCKilP5K6-SIuaMRhrtoUA4JFG1lOW5n/view

Happy to help answer any further questions!

Click on the thermometer next to the Temperature settings. Might be a good idea to go over the user guide a few times before trying things out. If you follow the instructions you will not have any problems. Also look at the videos provided as they will help you too.
Regards,
Mike

Thanks Mike. I read the guide but did not see a button labeled Sous Vide there is a picture of a thermometer that is labeled modes but it does not show what the modes I am .Sorry for being so dense but am just recovering from a stroke.

image001.jpg

The thermometer icon is what toggles sous vide mode on/off. It will show SOUS VIDE lit up when it is on, and then it will simply show the temp icon when sous vide mode is off. The temp range in sous vide mode is 77F-212F, and 77F-482F when sous vide mode is off. We, and the community, are here to get you cooking some delicious food! Please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime

Push the thermometer and Sous Vide will appear. These Icons that all light up are switches. The on off start stop button is the one way to the right. The Thermometer will toggle from regular oven to sous vide, but you need to touch it in order to do that. You will catch on watch some of the videos or google Anova Precision Oven on youTube and watch some of the videos there.
Dont be afraid to touch and see what happens.
Mike

Geezer-I found best way to set up oven and do anything on APO is to use the APP. I tried manually and wasn’t so easy. APP is straightforward.

1 Like

THANKS for the tip. MY oven does not seem to be producing steam. I’ve Tried to steam food for 4-6 hours since I’ve had the oven and have only used about one inch of water. And I’ve never seen steam emitting from the oven vent on the lower right side.

image001.jpg

Hello! The oven is very water efficient. An inch of water for 4-6 hours seems entirely normal. As far as steam exiting, you will see that when cooking at higher temps with food that has lots of moisture, such as frozen food.

1 Like

Hey Geezer, from one to another how do you know your oven isn’t producing steam when it’s using water?

Steam is water in its gaseous state which it invisible above 100°C / 212°F. If you open your Anova’s door when it’s operating in steam mode the cavity will cool and the steam will become visible water vapour. Try it.

What ever you do, when the oven is operating don’t put your hand near the oven vent, steam burns can be horrible.

Nice to see knowledgeable Anova people participating with Community posts. It’s appreciated.

1 Like

Read the directions before trying to use your oven. The problem isn’t oven’s quality.

1 Like