Steak overcooked and not even completely browned

Heck yes ! Love my industrial flame thrower as well :slight_smile: Got it at Harbor Freight, with a built in ignition switch, for $28 ! What a steal :slight_smile: That thing is intense, and a lot of fun, plus it does a fantastic job :slight_smile: I have a splitter on the propane tank next to our grille, which means, I can use the grille for a great place to sear my meat, and never have to connect or unconnect any of my propane hoses :slight_smile:

BTW, I usually just take my SV bag out of the machine, and throw it straight into our freezer for 10 minutes or so. By the time I get ready to sear it, its barely luke warm. Couple minutes with the torch, and Bam ! Dinner is served :slight_smile:

All meats will appear a bit unappetizing until finished via HOT frying pan or torch!! Even (god forbid) the oven broiler! The “finishing” of meats is an important step in obtaining that “grilled” flavor we all love!

Nothing wrong with putting a large portion of meat under a hot grill, or into the oven, a whole leg of lamb, for example, comes out of the oven very well after being SVD for 24 hours.