Temp settings C or F

I’m in Australia my temp gauge does not indicate C or F. How do you find this info?

Test the water!

If it says 60 and it’s too hot to put you hand in it, you’re using Celsius.

If it says 60 and the water is cool (cooler than your room temperature), you’re using Fahrenheit.

1 Like

Instructions for switching between °F and °C are here. Default for the device is °F because, regardless of the plug swinging on the end it’s still an American product.

How to tell which temperature unit you have it set to? Scroll the wheel. If the display scrolls past 100 the unit is reading in °F.

1 Like

They are Americans, so the poor dears can’t cope with a consistent measuring system - if you haven’t changed it it will be in F.
If you hold down the “Go” button for a few seconds, it will bleep and switch between F and C - showing you the new setting when it’s done it.

“In metric, one milliliter of water occupies one cubic centimeter, weighs one gram, and requires one calorie of energy to heat up by one degree centigrade—which is 1 percent of the difference between its freezing point and its boiling point. An amount of hydrogen weighing the same amount has exactly one mole of atoms in it. Whereas in the American system, the answer to ‘How much energy does it take to boil a room-temperature gallon of water?’ is ‘Go **** yourself,’ because you can’t directly relate any of those quantities.” Wild Thing by Josh Bazell.

1 Like

LOL Well @OriginalGriff sadly we Americans have clung to an old fashioned measurement system and most of us are more comfortable using it day to day - although most of us also learn the metric as well. One clarification though - the outdated measurement system in question is the “English” system, not the “American” system! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, but it’s a quote, so I can’t change it (except to censor the rude words which probably are not appropriate for this forum)!
And if I’m being honest, I use a combination of the two: nanoliters, millimeters, feet and inches, miles, liters, grams, pints, and stones depending on what I’m measuring. :blush:

@OriginalGriff I find I do things the exact same way! :slight_smile:

All I needed to do was hold the temp button and it changes between F & C simple.

We “can’t cope with a consistent measuring system?” I spent four months in England years ago.
They drive in Miles Per Hour
They weigh themselves in Stones.
They buy gas by the liter.
They buy beer by the pint.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes