Tray on bottom

I saw in a comment downstream that you shouldn’t put a shelf on the bottom of the oven, yet the solid tray that comes withe oven doesn’t fit the slots on the side of the oven. There are suggestions that it should be used to catch drips from what is cooking above it.

What’s the proper way to use this thing? Put it on top of a wire rack in the bottom slots?

The drip tray goes on the bottom rack. What I suspect you’ve read was that you can’t put the drip tray on the bottom floor of the oven, because it blocks the steam.

That is correct. Nothing goes on the oven floor. The oven comes with two racks and a solid pan. You can set whatever drip tray below your food on the secondary rack.

1 Like

I came here to ask this as well, because the indentation on the bottom of the oven seems precisely engineered to fit the solid pan. Intuitively, it seems like this is where it should go, to the point that i wonder if it was originally designed this way, and later deemed unsuitable.

You should include some text about solid pan usage (and not covering the bottom element) in the manual.

Hi! Welcome to the community. This is included in the Quick Start Guide, on page 4: “do not put ovenware or other objects directly on the bottom of the Oven.”

1 Like