Anova Wifi keeps stopping

I’m doing a 3 hour cook and have not set a timer, just started the Anova at the right temperature.

After about 2 hours the Anova made 3 beeps and stopped, like if I had manually stopped the cook.

I did not get any notification in the app (iPhone, latest version) - actually I’ve yet to get the notifications to work :frowning:

I restarted from the app and after 20 minutes the same thing happened again.

Fortunately I’m at home so I can restart the cook, but had I been away the cook would have been ruined, as I would not have known it had stopped.

Are there server problems again?

@schaufuss said:

Are there server problems again?

ROFLMAOPIMP.

I have a similar problem, but now the Anova shoe different temperatures all time, but realy differenta with 100 celcius difference. The water heat a lot.

@schaufuss  You really should be contacting support directly (e-mail or phone) - asking for support from them via the forum is really the lowest support level - they simply don’t have the personnel to monitor the community to provide a similar support level as direct contact.

As you’ve never received notifications, me, I’d think they should erase your information in their cloud and have you re-pair your devices.  If it still isn’t working, there could be a firmware issue with your cooker (well, or an issue with your phone, but they would need to enable greater debugging features on their app side to trap that).  They may need to replace your unit.

Same issue. And support has been abysmally bad. 

@fishersd I’m currently running the iOS 10 beta, so I’ll hold off until the final version is released and try a full re-install to see it that helps. If not, I’ll contact support.

However, it would make a lot more sense for them to monitor and answer these forums, rather than having us write support individually, that way they only need to answer a questions once, rather than one time for each support request. - Just Sayin’ :wink:

@schaufuss said:
fishersd I’m currently running the iOS 10 beta, so I’ll hold off until the final version is released and try a full re-install to see it that helps. If not, I’ll contact support.

However, it would make a lot more sense for them to monitor and answer these forums, rather than having us write support individually, that way they only need to answer a questions once, rather than one time for each support request. - Just Sayin’ :wink:

It would make more sense to me to hire a QA department to actually test their software before releasing it.  Or, figure out how to back-rev the software when it messes up this catastrophically.  

Anova’s CS is historically bad, don’t expect any kind of worthwhile response here from the company. The whole fiasco with the last round of blotched software proves this.  Maybe one of their independent ambassadors will step up and try to make things right, but integrity seems in short supply at corporate.

Shame, because they have some rather innovate features on their hardware that had me pick them over the competition.