Really nice, Anova

It’s SO pleasant to be awakened in the middle of the night (or notified other times) by the app about the status of my Anova reaching cooking temp, being low on water, etc… WHEN THE DAMN THING IS UNPLUGGED AND SITTING ON A SHELF.

Similar things happened to me with a device I had given to a friend. I had forgotten to disconnect it and I had connected another one, so there was no way to remotely disconnect later…

@Photog1 Did you by any chance connect to another APC in the past that is no longer yours? I read that you had several APC before …

During months I received notifications each time that they were cooking something…

Contacted support and other tech staff from Anova which told me they could not fix it … this tells you how tech savvy and knowledgeable they really are with their app :nerd_face:

In the end I had to travel to my friend place, reconnect to his APC, and then disconnect.

BTW this problem is a clear breach of the European data privacy regulation, and if you are in Europe you may try to do something. If not good luck…

No, I’ve not gotten rid of any of my cookers, so that’s not the issue. Mine is unplugged and sitting on a shelf in the garage,

Yes, they’re worse than clueless in their app. As I keep saying in the threads about the continual inability to come up with a version that handles more than one cooker, a 14 year old could program it in an hour.

Maybe you’re getting my notifications. My APC stopped sending any notifications several months ago. :frowning_face: