UPDATE: MultiCook + MultiStep Function

This is only my opinion, I lately started a company that is developing technology based on BLE. ( Bluetooth Low Energy )
Is the Anova BT is BLE and the Anova Nano is full on BT, that would explain the technical limitation.
Just an idea.

If that were the case, then why all the dodging? They could just come out and say ā€œHey, sorry, older hardware has a.limitation.ā€

But yet they arenā€™t. They are just saying ā€œnope you canā€™t have itā€

1 Like

It isnā€™t a ā€œnope you canā€™t have it,ā€ but more like weā€™re working real hard with testing and looking at all the different ways we can implement it to all. Itā€™s a process and takes some time.

I actually DO wanna make sure you guys get correct info. The thing about giving info prematurely is that it might not be right and then there will be this messy back-and-forth thing. So once I get 100% clear and concrete updates, Iā€™ll get that for you guys.

The official announcement clearly stated it would only be for the nano and wi-fi. That sure sounds like a ā€œnope, BT canā€™t have itā€

I do appreciate you looking into it, but, without any official word that they might be able to do the BT, then the announcent stands and your efforts are in vain.

If for some hardware limitation, the BT actually canā€™t work with the multi-cook function, you still should be able to give it the multi-step function. Even if the has to send a momentary stop command before changing temps.

Heck, you guys do that (multi-step for BT) I might actually take an old phone and put the app on it and start using it again.

2 Likes

The Avova Circulate code library posted at GitHub 3 years ago at GitHub - neilpa/circulate: Reverse engineered iOS library for controlling the Anova 2 via Bluetooth
describes the multistep command:

set program t1 m1 [t2 m2 [ā€¦] ]

Set a multistep programe on the device. Seems like these need to be set in temperature and number of minutes pairs. Appears to be a max of 6 steps and any after that are ignored.

The Anova software developer did clone this code base so it looks like they are using it for some purposes as well.

It looks like the multistep feature is already implemented in the device. The comment implies it was tested by whoever reverse engineered Anova APIs.

If the Anova marketing keeps it secret, just write your own app :slight_smile:

@AlyssaWOAH, where are your guys on this? The thread is over two months old and thereā€™s still no sign of any action taken on the suggestions/feedback we gave on the app etc. The categories remain a mess and thereā€™s still no multistep / multicook.

The leeeeast you can do is sort out the categoriesā€¦ That cannot be too complicated is it?

Well, considering these features are targeted primarily for the Nano, Iā€™d say theyā€™re doing internal testing with some pre-release units currently (given that Nanoā€™s supposed to be launching November-ish).
I say ā€œishā€ as ANovaā€™s had some issues with hitting dates in the past. (and yet they did a bunch of pre-orders?) :slight_smile: Hopefully these forums wonā€™t be full come Christmas of people whining about not receiving their new shiny toy. :slight_smile:
Should they be doing external beta testing of the features (at least with the wifi units) for a November(ish) launch? (Iā€™d say, they likely should have started that already), but thatā€™s my opinion. :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean by the categories being a mess.The multistep/multcook has yet been implemented. As I have mentioned many, many, many, many times here, once I receive updates or news, the community will be the first I will update.

Iā€™ve written about this before and I thought your team was already working on this. The problem is in the ā€˜guideā€™ section of the app. You have beef, pork, steak, ribsā€¦!!! One is the type of meat and the other is the cutā€¦ The cut should be a sub category of the type of meat. Then you have cornā€¦ On its own just like thatā€¦ Shouldnā€™t that go under vegetables for example?

If you search the forum youā€™ll find my original post which was more detailed. If Iā€™m not wrong you agreed with it and said youā€™ll pass it on to the team to sort out.

Actually this is a lot older than I thoughtā€¦ Others have written about it almost a year agoā€¦ Come on now guys!

Hereā€™s my original post. Iā€™m actually disappointed it has been ignored / has taken this long and nothing has been done about it.

Ohhh gotcha. I thought you were talking about the categories on the community site with that particular comment. :thinking: The team is making regular fixes and updates with the app. Not sure what the ETA is for the categories in the app, but Iā€™ll find out if thereā€™s any new updates on categories section in the app.

So, I spoke with the product team. Reorganizing the categories in the app has been on our list of things that needs to be fixed/addressed. Theyā€™re doing a lot of little fixes with the app right now, but theyā€™ll get to that part of it soon.

1 Like

The comments on this post say MultiCook is coming to Bluetooth An Important Announcement for Anova Precision Cooker Nano Customers ā€“ Anova Culinary

Yep! :slight_smile:

@AlyssaWOAH, whatā€™s happening with those requests?

Every time I switch from my cooker to the one I got for my parents, I have to unpair and go through the setup again which is a royal pain in the backside!!!

Youā€™ve promised us that those things will be done and that your development team is working on stuff (yeah probably on the Nano!!! grrrrrrrrrrr). Time to set a deadline here. Iā€™ll give you another two months to sort out the app. If itā€™s not done by 10 December, no more Mr. nice guy.

Several people have bought it based on my recommendation. That is going to stop from today. quite the opposite in fact, Iā€™m going to start recommending that they DONā€™T buy your product until you live up to your promises.

Over to you.

@zqushair The Nano will have those features, but weā€™ve recently confirmed that our existing BT cookers will have multi-cook implemented (Wi-Fi too - which had been confirmed a while back). I like mister nice zqushair :frowning: but as mentioned in my response to the other thread, I get why youā€™re not happy with some of our delays. I know the team is currently working on these two features. Updates on these things will be posted here, as they come. Iā€™ll make sure product updates are communicated clearly on here, and Iā€™ll make sure those updates are very regular.

10 December.

All the time and effort your development team is spending on the nano should have been spent on completing the app for the existing products first. Every time you mention the nano we get more annoyed. Your top management seem to have set their priorities all wrong and this is the result.

How are things going? Two days remaining. Any news?

1 Like

@Blumenhummer weā€™re nearly done. All we have left to do is to get the End User License Agreement (EULA) properly ironed out.