Anova V2 wattage question

Was there a particular reason the wattage was dropped to 800W? I know that in the Kickstarter you guys claim you added some logic to the system that makes it equivalent to 1000W (somehow?).

My problem with this is this either insinuates the original V1 was horribly ineffective or something else? Also, there’s no way to get 1000W out of a 800W element, it just won’t happen. So what’s really going on with the “Logic” you added? Also if the total wattage is 800W, is the element really like 750W and the other 50W drives bluetooth and the display and all the other electrical?

With the Sansaire, Nomiku 2 all at 1000W or higher (the Nom2 claims 1200W) it seems the V2 is a bit underpowered compared to the competition. I realize all this effects is the time it takes to get to the takes to get to the target temp, but it’s still puzzling.

With the Nom2 being 1200W and Wi-Fi enabled, you can still pre-order it for $199 + free shipping on their site makes it just $30 more than the Anova V2 with about 35% more power and Wi-Fi capabilities. Heck we don’t even have the Bluetooth APP yet!

so why don’t you just order there’s?

Dave: Don’t know what “there’s” means, but I’m quite interested in the answer to Mindflux’s thoughtful questions.

so why don't you just order there's?

Because Inquiring minds want to know? I have any Anova V2. I’d like to know more about the element used in it and why they chose 800W versus the previously available 1000W. I just don’t buy that they upped the logic to compensate, you can’t make 200W of energy appear out of nowhere.

Dave: Don't know what "there's" means, but I'm quite interested in the answer to Mindflux's thoughtful questions.

Thank you. I just wanted some answers, I wasn’t saying everyone should go buy a Nomiku 2. Though now I am a bit chuffed that the Anova Touch is in the works when some folks haven’t even received their V2 models (which will have WiFi like the Nomiku 2)…

@Mindflux‌ 800W is more appropriate for the home chef. We had several people complain that their lights would flicker with the 1KW unit. If you’re preparing a meal for home, there’s very little noticeable difference in the power, speed, and accuracy. Thanks!

@Mindflux‌ 800W is more appropriate for the home chef. We had several people complain that their lights would flicker with the 1KW unit. If you're preparing a meal for home, there's very little noticeable difference in the power, speed, and accuracy. Thanks!

Maybe so, but then your kickstarter mentions you use some hardware logic/hackery to make it “like” 1000W. So clearly there’s still a need/demand for 1000W units. What does this logic comprise of?

@Mindflux‌ Our logic controller is for accuracy & precision of the system - it has nothing to do with the absolute heat up time or output power.

@Mindflux‌ Our logic controller is for accuracy & precision of the system - it has nothing to do with the absolute heat up time or output power.

@Michael‌ But your Kickstarter claims that you get almost 1000W efficiency out of an 800W element. How do you explain that?

I vote for 1000w in the next version. I’ve been having a lot of difficulty getting up to and maintaining vegetable temps (e.g. 90c). I think a lot of people understand and accept “flickering lights”. The top two microwaves on amazon are 1000 and 1200 watts.

@Mindflux‌ Apologies if we were not clear - the unit is truly 800W of power.