API / Developer SDK

I’d suggest that the $112 prices on Amazon and BestBuy are holiday promotions by ANova (considering the Amazon one is their storefront). (Bluetooth version is also down to $95 in both locations).

I’d expect the pricing to go back up after the promotion’s over (however long that may be). :slight_smile:

We’re getting all the details ironed out for the SDK. It should be ready soon. As far the price drop, it’s pretty usual for the holiday season.

Could we pretty please have watt (or some relative measure of power output) info through the SDK?

1 Like

@AlyssaWOAH, forgive me for saying so, as no offense is intended. But from what I’ve seen, it seems to me that this must be an extremely small company, and I wouldn’t be surprised if there were only one software developer. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Given what appears to be the case, I think that an open-source solution would be a great idea. Yes, I realize that the developer would want to protect his job (not that I blame him) and I’m not suggesting that anyone get rid of him. He would still have to steer the development, do the testing, and approve pull requests. But having input from the greater community would do all of us a great service. Putting the code on GitHub and letting us all take a crack at it could lead to some great improvements - I’ve seen a few use cases in this thread that I wouldn’t have thought of, and having not only the ideas but the experience of others would be a great thing.

2 Likes

So how do you define ‘soon’?

2 Likes

Any update on the SDK?

1 Like

I’m going to talk with our team today. Let me circle back and get more details for all of you.

1 Like

Or ‘today’?

1 Like

It’s just something that sounds good at the time you read it with the hope you will forget to come back to check later on.

@AlyssaWOAH, I think the community is tired of this strategy. The app is still rubbish, no API, SDK, nothing. You’ve been promising stuff since the summer. Christmas came and went. Still nothing… We did warn you against spreading what is clearly a very small development team too thin (ref nano). I have no more patience for ANOVA. Good bye.

@AlyssaWOAH, oh and I regret spending the time to write you feedback on the app, all of which you claimed to take onboard and yet NONE of it has been implemented. Waste of time and effort.

Impatient much?

A quote of a comment that is more than a year old, and you’re asking if we’re “Impatient much?” ROFLOL!!

A multi billion dollar company like say Apple who probably already has 500 engineers working on the iPhone XV, another 500 working in the iPhone XIV and so on and 1000 working on refining the XI for its release in 6 months has spoiled us to think that the “immediate future” is 6 months.

I read that quote as saying we are going to release it but not any time soon.

To make an accurate comparison, you have to realize that the iPhone is more powerful than what was on the space shuttle, and the sous vide is a thermostat. Comparing it to the iPhone is ridiculous.

Not comparing the hardware just the size of the company and its resources

Does this mean that for the 900 watt 2nd Gen device (which I just purchased) there are no plans to ever release an SDK or API?

I’m just looking for clarification as not having these is by no means a deal breaker for me - I love this cooker - but they would be very “nice to have”! (I have over 35 years experience in software development and would really appreciate the abilities they could give me!)

Thanks

@Mirozen I am not, nor do I play one on TV, an Anova employee. That was a quote from @HunterC. Please attribute it to him.

Sorry David! :slight_smile: I “nabbed” it from your post and it attributed the quote from “HunterC” to you!

But…you’re sure you’re not “Anova Guy” the famous TV personality? :slight_smile:

Another six months later just wondering if there’s any updates.

1 Like