Save Your Own Recipes (In App)

I’ve got good news - you will now be able to save your own recipes. This is currently live for our iOS users. We’re still in the works to get this done for our Android users (hang tight)!

Things you can do with this feature:

1. Create and save your own recipe.

2. Name your favorite thing to cook with your preferred time and temperature and cook it again from the “My Recipes” section.

3. Add additional details to your recipe at recipes.anovaculinary.com.

4. You can add in serving size, photos, directions and much more on your Anova Recipes account.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to get this feature also on android :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Woo Hoo. Can’t wait for Android. I might install on my work iPhone just for this feature.

1 Like

Great idea.

1. Can recipes be shared with others or is there a public option?
  2. Will you provide the save your own recipes feature using a computer for those of us who need a large screen?
1 Like

Can’t wait for Android either. Can I put Anova app on my windows 10 computer? Love my Anova especially all the new things coming to it.

1 Like

@lazz04 awesome questions.

1. We have an epic road map for personal recipes, which includes sharing with others (I’m super-duper excited about this). But we’re doing this piece-by-piece. I will update everyone as new features are implemented and released.

2. For now, the plan is to have it on iOS (already there) and on Android. No word on having this compatible on other devices, yet.

@christianhubert I think my second point sort of answers your question. Right now the app is not compatible with Windows 10. Can’t say or promise it will be so in the future. But I will continue to regularly update the community. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK–feeling really stupid here. I have version 2.6.3 (iPhone) which I believe is the latest as my apps update automatically and I recall seeing an Anova update recently. I have scoured the app everywhere and can’t find any way to create and save a recipe. I started with the most logical place (Recipes) and then through every link including “More”. What’s the secret?

This is currently only available on iOS. What device are you using?

Alyssa: I thought writing “I have version 2.6.3 (iPhone)” would have been a clue! :wink:

1 Like

Haha I blame my sleepy haze and the current absence of caffeine. Just woke up! I don’t own an iPhone, but if I remember correctly, the “My Recipes” section should be on the bottom toolbar of the app. It’s the second icon. Let me know if that helps.

I’ve looked at the “My Recipes” section but when I open it, it’s blank with no “Add” or “Create” recipe button (or something comparable).

For that matter, I can’t find how to create and save new recipes on the website either. Please advise.

Hi.

I am an avid Anova user and was really happy to have this addition to the iOS app…except that it doesn’t work.

I have several saved “recipes” (which actually just consists of remembering the time and temperature for the Anova cooker). However, when I select one, it goes to the cook screen and everything looks good. Until you start cooking…

When you start, the time goes to --:-- and the temperature goes to the last set temperature (in this case, 59 degree C).

Then if you stop it, go back out, the recipe is changed… It still has the same temperature, but the time is gone. Then if you go back in and set the time to the right time and then start it, you get an error saying the water is too hot.

You can see a video of the error here: Dropbox - File Deleted

And a picture of the “too hot” error here: Dropbox - File Deleted

Hope these links work…

Are these errors known and any ideas on when it will be fixed?

Thanks
Don

Ooooh. Those are definitely new bugs. Sorry about that! I just alerted our engineers to get that fixed. Thank you for the video - it’s super helpful for us.

Does your test team have a set of critical path tests? If they do maybe you could create a web page where we could access them to help ensure that expected functionality is there when you have a new release.

We might even be able to add additional tests that might catch some scenarios that you’ve not thought of.

This could really help improve the software I think. (Just make anyone given access agree to an NDA - though I can’t see how test cases exercising functionality present in the released app would be giving anything away that you wouldn’t want disclosed.

Please at least bring this up for consideration!

Alyssa:
Any chance of an answer to my questions (both for the IOS app as well as the website)?
Thanks

@nestorph In the “My Recipes” section, this is where you will find your logged recipes, but not where your create them. But I can see the confusion. I’m going to relay that feedback to the team.

You’ll create your recipe in the main screen, which you’ll be able to input time, temperature, and the name of your food.

For adding additional details or accessing your recipes on the site, let me verify the details for you. I’ll get back to this question. Edit: If you’ve made an account on the mobile app, you can login with those same credentials for the recipes site. Additionally, if you have a Recipes account and a mobile app account, using the same email address, then the two accounts will be linked when you login.

What do you mean by “main screen”? The Home screen? There’s nothing there about creating a recipe. The “Recipes” screen doesn’t have anything either that I can see. Still confused…

Sorry! When you open the app, at the bottom of the screen you should see “Start Cooking.” Click on that and from there you’ll be able to begin with entering your recipe’s details.

I have been using “my recipe” since I bought the unit in January. Great for going back and repeating previous successes. Suddenly all the recipes are gone from the app and I can no longer create new ones. Im using an Iphone 8 plus with the latest updates.