Saving personal recipes/naming stages in the Anova Oven app?

Is there not a way to save a personal recipe in the Anova Oven app for Android? I can enter a custom cook plan but it doesn’t seem to let me save it, or name the stages, or add additional notes. Was hoping to set my family up with some basic recipes on a spare device so they don’t have to keep asking me how to use this glorious machine to warm pop-tarts.

1 Like

Ah! I found it! You have to complete a cook, then find it in your history under the Activity button, then click the three dots by the relevant cook, then “Add Recipe Detail.” Once added, you can make changes under “My Recipes,” hit the three dots on the recipe, and the “Edit” option is at the top right of the screen.

1 Like

To save a personal recipe in the Anova Oven app, follow these steps, I hope it works for you!!

1. Open the Anova Oven app on your phone or tablet.
  2. Tap the “Recipes” tab at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Tap the “+” icon in the top right corner of the screen.
  4. Enter the name of your recipe in the “Recipe Name” field.
  5. Enter the ingredients and instructions for your recipe in the corresponding fields. You can also add a photo of the finished dish by tapping the “Add Photo” button.
  6. Tap “Save” in the top right corner of the screen to save your recipe.
  7. Your personal recipe will now appear in the “My Recipes” section of the app, where you can access it anytime you want to cook it.

The steps for saving a personal recipe may vary slightly depending on the version of the Anova Oven app you are using.

1 Like

Erica, as you pointed out “step … may vary … depending on the version”
I have the Android V 1.0.46 on my tablet. Steps to create a new recipe from scratch are

1. Open the app.
  2. Tap “Activity” icon at bottom.
  3. Tap “My Recipes” tab at top if it is not already open.
  4. Tap “+ Create Recipe” button at bottom
  5. Now you are on the Create Recipe screen. Follow the steps.
  6. Tap the “Save Changes” bar at the bottom of the screen when done.

Hint: To edit or delete one of your recipes, on the main “My Recipes” screen, tap the ellipsis button (…) at the bottom right of the recipe picture.

As TrackZero discovered, once you have completed a manual cook you can tap the ellipsis button to the right of the cook and select “Add Recipe Detail” to pre-load the Create Recipe screen with the info in you cook.

1 Like