APO: Made some hot dog buns

I thought I would share a recent bake. KAF simple hot dog bun recipe. I did use the tangzhong method.

400F 100% steam for the first 10 minutes or so. I might need to play around with the timing to get the right browning and doneness. I pulled them at temp and the browning is a little blotchy.

I used one of these silicone perforated eclair forms. Fits nice. I took a rack out of the oven and loaded the form on the rack. You have to do this since the form is very flexible. These are nice since they flatten and roll up. 95g of dough in each cave, but I’d probably drop it to 85g next time. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083VWS1XV

Some got pretzel salt or poppy seeds.

You can see the steam in the door glass.

2 Likes

Nice! Those look great!

NICE!

This is really useful advice. After reading this topic, I wanted to eat:). But to be honest, I wouldn’t mind eating something sweeter than hot dogs. I think eclairs would satisfy my appetite perfectly! As for your hot dogs, I would like to clarify something, is it really a poppy on some of them? Is it really that delicious? To be honest, I’ve never tried hot dogs with poppy seeds, so I can’t even imagine how they will taste. Have any of you guys tried baking hotdogs like this before? What is your experience? I want to cook something like this, because in two days we will have a long road in the car and I think that these hot dogs will be able to satisfy our hunger perfectly!