Bahn Mi Recipe

Anyone have a good recipe ofr Bahn Mi (Vietnamese Rolls)? More importantly does anyone have an oven setting necessary ofr a thin crust roll with a soft interior.

Bahn Mi is a sandwich that uses french baguette, so Baguette 101 | Anova Precision® Oven Recipes should work for you.

Could this recipe be recalculated to just make 1 baguette (1/3 of the recipe)?

p

Anyone help?

For a baguette type roll, I’ve had good luck with this: start with upper and lower at 480, 100% steam for 5 minutes, then turn off steam and switch to rear convection at 450 for 11 minutes. Very consistent, good results. (this is for baguettes weighing 250g wet dough)

For the dough itself, for three loaves, 450g Bread flour, 5g instant yeast, 9g salt, and 310g water. Knead with dough hook 4 minutes and rise 2+ hours (depending on temp.) then divide and roll out, place on floured towel to shape and final rise for about 30 minutes.

No reason you can’t divide by 3 but you’ll have to knead by hand, not enough for a mixer to work properly.

Thank you for responding. I will try your settings next bake…

Regards, Tom Lowe

Here is the recipe I use to make banh mi. It turned out very good with Breville oven, soft inside and crusty outside. I tried to make it with Anova yesterday but did not turn out as good as the Breville one. I think the steam needed to be turned off in the last 5 minutes to make crusty skin.
Here is the recipe:
Bread flour: 500 g
Salt: 5 g
Dry yeast: 6 g
Iced water: 325g
Temperature: 210-230c
18-20 minutes

The recipe makes 6 banh mi, about 150g each. I set the oven at 210 c but the bread did not turn golden brown so I turn the temperature up to 220 and bake for another few minutes. I would say 220c might be a better temperature setting.

Many thanks for your reply. Nothing better than a well-made Banh Mi😊

Regards, Tom Lowe