Chamber sealer issues

I bought an anova chamber vacuum sealer a while back and I’ve been frustrated about some issues with how it performs. When sealing dried foods, often times I’ll find that the seal doesn’t last in the freezer. I’ve also tried to vacuum seal wet foods (sauerkraut) and liquid comes out of the bag during the sealing process. I’ve tried different settings, but generally I use strong seal and regular vacuum. I actually returned my original one and got a replacement, but the issues remain. Am I doing something wrong?

With this type of sealer you need to manually stop the process and seal before liquid reaches the end of the bag. Also make sure the sealing area is clean before you seal.

Regarding the seal: it may be a bag issue, or your sealer might need some cleaning. As for the wet goods, you probably just need to put less in a bag. As the pressure drops, the fluid will ‘boil’ which can be quite violent, and you’d be surprised how much fluid is lurking in something like sauerkraut. I’d try reducing the pressure (you can tweak the ‘normal’ and ‘strong’ settings quite a bit) OR packaging smaller amounts. good luck!