Curious, how does your day-to-day food choices/diet looks like?

Yes, the seefood diet is my favourite, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

A few problems I had with this article:

1. You are allowed much more protein that stated in the article. Itā€™s calculated for each person, but in my case, I can have almost as much protein as fat. So steak, pork and really any meat is right on target. Thatā€™s not so bad, right? If this article were true, Iā€™d pretty much have to chug olive oil. Ridiculous.

2. The writer tried it for two weeks. Thatā€™s not nearly long enough to assess it. This is a longer term diet. A lifelong diet for some. Iā€™d say it has to be followed for at least 3 months to get a good handle on it. 6 months would be much better.

3. The health costs and benefits have not been fully investigated. There is some prelimenary evidence it is healthier overall than a high carb diet. There is some evidence that the governmentā€™s high carb diet recommendation was based on sham science in the 40s and 50s. Experts dispute these issues. This is the great debate on keto. I hope good, well-funded science is brought to bear on this topic.

Because of these problems, the authorā€™s conclusions are therefore suspect.

1 Like

Odd that you only have 1 post, and thatā€™s plugging a slimming product.
Oh! By the way, welcome to our forumā€¦

Women be careful. Vokoā€™s slimming product directly impacts serum testosterone concentration in users. Promotional material for the product targets females while a lower concentration of the product in a 2005 clinical trial consisted of all males. Products sold as dietary supplements have no FDA approval of safety or efficacy.

The Paleo diet is definitely where itā€™s at:

1 Like

Hahahaā€¦ Loved the Katering Show.

LOL! Thanks Michi! I loved this! After the first 30 seconds I had to stop it and call my wife in to watch! :slight_smile:

You can find the rest of the Katering Show on YouTube. The Kates did the first series independently on YouTube and were then picked up by our ABC (not the American one) to make a couple of seasons for TV broadcast. Very funny stuff.

I like this Tomato Salad
Need:
2 Tomatoes
3 Cucumbers
1 Red Onion
2 sprigs of Fresh dill
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Sea salt
Pinch of Black Pepper

try - Healthy Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipe + Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I was raised on comfort food. Lotā€™s of meat and potatoes as well as pasta. Not so good for the waistline but then I never had a problem with weight when I was younger but I did gain about 5 lbs a year. Problem was I did that for 35 years straight and a couple of years ago when I hit 230, I decided it was time to do something about it. Since then, Iā€™ve added a lot of vegetables to my diet (green vegetables) and eat a lot of Pacific Salmon. I still allow myself the usuals (potatoes, corn, ribs, ham, steak, roast, burgers, etc.) but I limit them and try to keep the portions smaller. Iā€™ve also added significant fiber to my diet. Sous Vide has definitely made it harder to tow the line since the meat comes out so good, I have a hard time not eating too much. Iā€™ve tried some vegetables sous vide but havenā€™t really done that much with them yet. Only been doing sous vide for a year and Iā€™m still trying new things.

Hi @BwarengaGriggs1

That Tomato salad sounds tasty as isā€¦though personally Iā€™d modify it just a bit by adding some Feta cheese and Kalamata olives as well! :slight_smile:

Hi @Gslater I keep hearing that carrots cooked sous vide are fantastic, but Iā€™ve been too lazy and focused on cooking meats - and creme brulee - to try it yet! :slight_smile:

Mike, you are going to be surprised at what you have been missing,

I pre-cook batches of veg for stocks and sauces when I have an excess. Particularly celery. Iā€™m really not a celery fan so I donā€™t have it in the house very often. If Iā€™m given a couple of plants at harvest time, Iā€™ll strip them down, wash, cut to long lengths and bag them up in batches (about 4-6 stalks to a bag) and ā€˜parā€™ cook them. The celery is one of the most painful vegies to cook. That stuff floats with a brick tied to it.

I do the same with carrots, washed and packed head to tail.

When done the get iced down and stored in the fridge or freezer. When Iā€™m making stock or sauce the veg just get a rough chop into big pieces and thrown in the pan to get good and brown. I find that they get to the Maillard cascade point much faster than raw veg.