Dry agend Sirloin with mushrooms

My first trial with the Anova:
Vacuum sealed some dry aged Sirloin Steak, cooked for 60 min. at 58°C.
Meanwhile I sliced some champignons, fried them with some olive oil, butter, and garlic in a pan, added some sliced fresh green, a splash of red wine and lemon and some onions before the mushrooms are ready. Put everything on a plate and kept it warm in the oven.
Then put the Sirloin out of the bag and briefly into the pan to give it some color. Ready.
Was delicious!

3 Likes

This looks delicious. To make the sear look more like it does in a steakhouse be sure and dry the meat before searing. The evaporation of the moisture slows down the caramelizing process. I have started cooking my steaks a couple of degrees cooler than my desired result and giving them a really good sear. Has worked out great.

This looks amazing! I love what you did with the champignons. Next time, you could even try making a steak sauce with your pan drippings after you sear (along with the remaining juices from the sealable bag) - deglaze the pan with some red wine, beef stock, herbs and butter (recipe here: How to Make a Pan Sauce, Meat's Best Friend | Bon Appétit). Cheers! :grinning:

another searing resource: Comprehensive Searing Guide: How to Get the Perfect Finish Indoor-Style – Anova Culinary