Flickering internal light on Precision Oven

Same issue. Flickering constantly but seems worse when the oven is heating. I’m really hoping it’s fixable with a firmware update.

I am having the same issue with my oven. Today I called anova and they said they are aware of the issue. What was a bit annoying was that the rep said: “It’s not a big deal, the flickering does not affect the cooking” this phrase was at the very least interesting…

Yes, it’s true. The flickering doesn’t impact the cooking. If you are photosensitive you can take the bulb out. Sorry. I think all ovens enjoy the feature.

Just got my oven. It’s flickering pretty bad. I can’t look at the oven without getting a bit of a migraine, I am super sensitive to flashing lights.

If this can’t be fixed I can’t use it…

You can take the bulb out. That will give you a chance to enjoy the oven for a while inside the return period and in parallel ask for a fix etc.

1 Like

Very excited, just got my oven today and ran the setup. During the whole time the interior light was flickering. May not be a deal breaker, but it is annoying and for the price this shouldn’t happen. Doesn’t matter if it affects the cook or not, just shouldn’t be happening.

We all agree.

Same issue here. My oven is alone on an outlet, 20A circuit, flicker rate varies, but in general it’s really bad.

I assume posting here will subscribe me to this thread. My oven flickers too. Also, it seems to cause lighting in the whole house to flicker. (Not just on the same circuit.) I have not seen that for any other appliance I’ve used, so I would guess something fishy is going on. House has 100 amp service, and no breakers are tripping, so I don’t know what is going on.

Mine flickers too. I’ve tried two separate 20A circuits and turned/unplugged everything else in the house.

Side note one of my lights flickers too. Does anyone have this issue?

Same as everyone else. Though I don’t think mine flickered for the first few minutes of the heat up phase.

My oven also does the same. It is on a separate dedicated 20A circuit also.

Mine flickers too. I have used the oven 3 times. Making the bagels now and proofing dough and light is completely off. Hope it is not broken.

Given the various comments and other people mentioning lights away from their oven are affected, I suspect the flicker is electromagnetic interference when the heating element/fan is on at a high power. I suspect they use PWM-drivers to maintain more consistent temperature causing the noise.

I also suspect that is why the Oven light remains on at high temperature (but not at lower temperature). This could either be that the light is on and flickering because of the emissions or that they decided to leave the light on to avoid the light flickering at low intensity when its supposed to be off.

I noticed that a few others also mentioned about lights in the house flicker when the oven is running. I also have this issue. My oven is on a dedicated 20A circuit, nothing else is on it. The only lights that are affected in the house are dimmer controlled, and they are all LEDs. Even the lights on another level of the house on dimmer are also affected. All others not controlled by dimmers are fine. If I turn the dimmer to the max, the flickering is less noticeable. The rate of flickering appears to be similar to that of the flickering light in the oven. It seems that the oven is generating a lot of electrical/electromagnetic noise, as Meldrin suspected, that leaks through the power source. That may also affect the dimmer’s PWM circuit causing lights to flicker. Too bad I do not have a scope to look at the power line to see what kind of noise the oven generates.

I also noticed that the oven light is off at low temperature. I guess the internal light may generate too much heat that could affect the low temperature.

Date: April 7, 2021

We just got our today and testing it out and the halogen light bulb flickers too. Next, I will trying update the firmware follow by moving it to another 120V outlet and see if the 10 amp was the cause. I also have a kill-o-meter and ohm meter to check the power and a clamp amp meter too.

Oh by the way my is order from Batch No. 10 too.

Update: The firmware update seem to fixed the light issue. We still doing the pre-heat run. We have not notice any steam yet.

Holy dramatic. Turn the light off