How can i clean the precision oven ?

hi, some suggest for cleaning the oven ? (im in Switzerland)

Do a search here on the forum, this has been discussed before. That said, from memory (always a dangerous thing!) here’s what I do:

• For light soil, I run my oven at 120F/100% for 10-15 minutes and then wipe it down with a damp cloth.
  • For heavy soil, 120F/100% for 10-15 minutes, followed by an oven cleaner following the instructions on the can.

thx, i have search in the forum but i not have found a good esplication or information.

Hey Mr. Ed, you’ve got a bit of a journey to find that information.

Here goes:
First select Support above which connects you to the Anova Culinary (US) page.
Then select Anova Precision Oven
Next select Frequently Asked Questions
Then finally select Cleaning Your Anova Precision Oven.
There you are. There’s even a link to a video on the subject there.
Whew!

And there’s one more item that the Anova folks neglected to mention:

• to preserve the appearance of your oven’s stainless steel always wipe it in the same direction as the grain on the surface of the metal to prevent scratching it.

If finger prints and the spots water drops leave on your oven bothers you put a few drops of the final rinse additive from your dishwasher on a clean damp cotton kitchen towel and wipe them away in the direction of the metal’s surface grain. Swirl marks are not pretty.

No dishwasher, - no problem. That clean damp towel alone will do the job almost as well. It just won’t leave a light protective film on the surface that resists those pesky fingerprints.

Happy cooking.

1 Like

To clean lightly soiled ovens, I set the oven temperature to 120°F at 100% power for 10-15 minutes and then simply wipe it down with a damp cloth.

When dealing with heavy soil, I use the same settings: 120°F at 100% power for 10-15 minutes, and then I follow up by using an oven cleaner, following the instructions provided on the product label.

for more cleaning option you can ask from professional cleaners.

DEEP CLEANING

1. Heat the oven to 140°F / 100% Steam.

2. Turn off the oven. Oven cleaners work a little better on warm surfaces.

3. Spray in your favorite oven cleaner, close the door, and let it work for the time recommended on the bottle (we used EasyOff* for this video and let it sit overnight). Please avoid using the cleaner on the inside door panel.

4. Spritz the oven walls with plain water to knock down the oven cleaner. It’s OK if some spray goes through the grates on the back wall.

5. Wipe clean.

6. Run the oven at 300°F / 100% Steam for 10 minutes to drive off any residual fumes. During that stage, open the door and spritz down the oven walls a few more times to make sure all cleaning residue is gone.

7. Voila, back to new!

1 Like