Time to deep clean your APO? Step-by-step video here!

Here’s our regimen for deep cleaning:

1. Heat the oven to 140°F/60°C / 100% Steam.

2. Turn off the oven. Oven cleaners work a little better on warm surfaces.

3. Spray in your favorite oven cleaner, close the door, and let it work for the time recommended on the bottle (we used EasyOff for this video and let it sit overnight).

4. Spritz the oven walls with plain water to knock down the oven cleaner. It’s OK if some spray goes through the grates on the back wall.

5. Wipe clean.

6. Run the oven at 300°F/149°C / 100% Steam for 10 minutes to drive off any residual fumes. During that stage, open the door and spritz down the oven walls a few more times to make sure all cleaning residue is gone.

7. Voila, back to new!

1 Like

Is there any issue with the spray entering the fan housing on the back?

Would it be possible to specify temperatures in both degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius when posting information like this please?

1 Like

YES! That is a fantastic point. I’ll go back and edit!

Thanks for this - very useful

1 Like

What about the top of the oven? There is an exposed heating element and a lot of places where residue sticks. Can you turn the oven upside down to clean the inside top?

Hey Tom! Good question. We’ve seen users just take a little extra time to clean up there, and a spray bottle helps to knock down any residue! We wouldn’t recommend turning the oven upside down.

Can we remove the inner backplate to clean the fan and the housing behind the rear oven wall? Looks like four screws hold it in.

1 Like

Oven is still new. One long cook so far. What can I do about the odor. There is no visible residue after cleaning but smell has been lingering for a while even after I left the door open to air out. Suggestions?

A general tip I always use for my ovens.

After each use, degrease and wipe clean, air dry with door open and when interior fully dried, put in a generous pan of charcoal fragments which helps absorb the odours. And charcoal is reuseable. Just put it under the sun for few hours and its deodorising effect comes back.

1 Like