Pan - which one to buy?

Today I passed in a store to see them physically and definitely I’m gonna buy a 28cm one…the 26cm is also great but if I had them both I would probably use the 28cm 55% of the time so I’m gonna with that one… Thanks to all of you who helped me :blush:

Chefs in Europe still use both. You might manage to find something at a second hand store or a jumble/yard sale.

My current cast iron pan was bought at a ‘clearing sale’ after the sale of the family farm. I was lucky enough to get it for next to nothing because it had a bit of surface rust. It cleaned up beautifully with a bit of steel wool and elbow grease.

From my experience (been a chef) they don’t use them much… In all the restaurant’s I’ve been working we used CS for searing meat… Meanwhile in the steakhouse we had a ceramic grill.

final decision is here… i will buy both… CI and CS :smiley:

1 Like

I hope you enjoy your purchases.

I will post a picture of them :smiley: and my mother sent me today my enemeld CI skillet and grill pan, but I don’t like them much as do not behave neither as close as the old fashioned CI pans… Now that I’m in Spain and here it’s possible to buy lodge I will buy their CI pan.

1 Like

International shipping on the cast iron must be a killer. The price on that Lodge 10.25" skillet is a hair over 2x what Amazon sells it for in the U.S., at current exchange rates.

mostly it’s not the shipping that’s the killer… the problem of ordering outside EU, are the taxes and customs… On every order you have to additionally have to pay 25€ for customs (for orders under 120€ if more, the customs price rises exponentialy) and taxes that are between 22-25% of the item’s price.

On amazon.es they sell lodge for 29€ and free shipping for me (prime member). For me that price is ok, as here in the EU cast iron pans are way more expensive… for comparision in Lidl a cast iron pan (bad one) costs 20€… in my country (Slovenia) when I was looking for a cast iron pan the only shop that sells them, sells camp chef CI and they cost from 29€ (10") to 45€ + shipping (i think it was 8€) :slight_smile:

I got an idea… I will wait for black friday, maybe they will have some discounts on amazon :smiley: #keto

At this stage I can also die hahahahaha :smiley:

1 Like