Proof mode question steam

I’ve searched through this forum a bit and rather than adding my question to another thread, I thought I would start a new one. I’m learning the ins and outs here, so any help is very much appreciated.

With the proof mode on the app, I notice it has settings of

sous vide mode: off
steam: 0%
temp: 77F
heat: bottom

When I look at my oven, I notice the handle says steam is at 100%, though. I certainly don’t notice any moisture in the oven. The fan is running which I learned happens when steam is on. The temp seems to be holding correctly at around 77/78 degrees F. I think it’s just odd that the app in the Proof section shows the settings above, but when I go to the actual oven portion of the app, it shows 100% steam.

Incidentally, I threw a hygrometer in there to measure the humidity (and temp) in the oven. The humidity is showing 75% and temp is 78. Does that seem right if steam is set to 100%?

Just trying to learn the oven. thanks

I read up on another thread (and this makes sense) that “steam” at that temp can’t be actual steam, but more relative humidity inside the oven. Still, after an hour, the hygrometer read 85% humidity - which is more than outside of the oven, but still seems low. And then with the steam on, the fan runs the entire time. I’ve seen other questions asked about whether you need to cover the dough while it rises which I’m not really even concerned with. It’s not that big of a deal to put a lid on a bowl.

I know it seems like you shouldn’t have to but I always put a wet kitchen towel in on another rack along with 100% steam when proofing and that seems to keep the humidity way up.