Ribeye with Habichuelas Guisadas (Puerto Rican Bean Stew)

My sister is visiting from out of town and I wanted to make her something delicious - so I did! :slight_smile:

129 for an hour. Seasoned with pepper, salt, garlic powder, and love. :heart_eyes:

Not gonna lie, the bean stew was in close competition with the steak!

2 Likes

The bean stew does look mighty interesting. Going to have to look into that one. And itā€™s a lovely looking bit of dead cow youā€™ve produced too.

1 Like

Try it out! Itā€™s one of my favorite ways to have beans and rice. @Ember

Awesome, I sous vide my habichuelas from dry when making habichuelas guisadas. It makes the beans more tender and a lot more easy to prepare. I do mine in mason jars and keep them in the refrigerator until Iā€™m ready to use them.

1 Like

@Kristin_Ryan Iā€™ve actually been thinking abut doing that. Do you cook the beans from the can or from dry? If you have a great recipe, or any tips - thatā€™ll be SUPER helpful!

I start off with dry beans. I use the ANOVA recipe
1Cup beans
warm H20
1t salt
1 bay leaf
1 garlic clove
190* 6 hrs for pink beans this is perfect I go a little longer for black beans and 10 hrs for small red beans, gandules go way way longer I prep about 5 kinds a week like the recipe and keep them in the fridge until Iā€™m ready to use them for a recipe. they all turn out tender with lots of flavor and no over or under cooked beans

Iā€™m assuming you use dry beans? @Kristin_Ryan