Holy hell this was freaking amazing! I didn’t expect it to come out this good - but it did. First time making sous vide garlic-chili tofu.
Every bite was bursting with so much flavor. The texture was very meaty-like.I also used the leftover sauce to pour on top of the rice and tofu. Probably the best tofu I have ever had.
180F / 4 hours. Recipe:
1 block of super firm tofu
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons of fried chili-garlic paste
The tofu I used was previously frozen. To defrost, I put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes, or until defrosted. I then pressed the liquid out from the tofu.
- Slice the tofu in thick chunks.
- Pan fry until golden on each side.
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, and chili garlic paste.
- Throw tofu into the mix.
- Then transfer the tofu and sauce into a bag.
- Sous vide at 180F/4 hours
Make sure to layer them side-by-side for an even cook.
10/10 will make again.