Stasher Bag - Removing Odor

Hi there,

I have been using Stasher since my 1st SV with Anova and it has been great.
However, there is only one issue where Heavy marinated sauce odor tends to stay on the bag and it is really hard to remove.

I tried numerous method to remove them (vinegar, baking soda) and find “steaming with lemon” is the best way so far.
Don’t ever SOAK it with detergent SOAP!! not even for an hour! else the detergent fragrant will stay on the bag like “forever”. I had to steam the bag for few days (on and off), in order to get rid of the odor.

Hope someone using Stasher bag can share some advice and tips here!

Regards,
Andrew Lee

I haven’t had this issue (yet). Looks like you’ve used all tips and tricks. This is what I found directly on their website:

Q: Do the bags absorb smells?
A: Stasher silicone is nonporous, inhibiting bacterial growth and odors. Certain smelly foods may leave a slight odor in the bag, but that can be remedied with a thorough washing or baking soda soaking. A fresh slice of lemon left in overnight can help too.

Have you tried leaving the lemon in the bag overnight?

Something that I remember from my mother’s Tupperware days was the suggestion to use cold water and salt as a first wash if you’d had something smelly in them. Of course, with the Stasher bags you’d then need to go through your usual sanitation process, but I wonder if a cold water wash would help limit the odour adhesion.

Yup, the bag then smell like lemon! haha… well better than smelly marinates i guess.
Will continue trying.

Will give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks.

Ahhhh so it sort of worked, it was just replaced with the smell of lemon hahaha. Maybe the smell with go away in time.