The Sous Vide mode with 100% steam fails to reach a temperature of 100 degrees Celsius.

Hello Community,

I wanted to share my overall experience with the Anova Oven, which has been quite satisfactory. After connecting the oven to a 20Amp outlet and conducting various tests, I have encountered two particular issues:

1. The heat-up speed is remarkably slow. When preheating the oven and opening it to place my food inside, I noticed a significant temperature drop of 15 to 30 degrees Celsius within a short period. Additionally, the temperature then takes approximately 10 to 20 minutes to reach back to the preheated temperature. While I can adjust my cooking time to accommodate this, the extended wait time is still unacceptable to me.
  2. The second issue is more concerning. Despite setting the oven to 100 degrees Celsius with 100% steam in Sous Vide mode and a timer of 10 minutes, it never actually reaches the desired temperature. Instead, it takes around 30 minutes to reach 97 degrees Celsius and approximately 45 minutes to reach 98 degrees Celsius. Consequently, the timer fails to start forever.

I would greatly appreciate your input and guidance on whether these observations align with normal behavior. In essence, I am uncertain if the oven is functioning properly.

Thank you for your insights and assistance.

Best regards,
-Ming

Take a look at this and see if it makes sense to you

1 Like