Touch Screen is not working

Hi,

I just started using my brand new APO last month. However its touch screen was not very responsive at the beginning and later totally black out. I can only control it via the app. Customer Service sent me a new one last week. I just unpacked it and tried it. The touch screen is 100% not responsive. This quality is very concerning. I am thinking to claim refund and say goodbye to APO.

Hi, I had a similar issue. The touch screen stayed on but the control buttons didnt work. I couldnt change any of the settings except from the app. This seemed to have happened after i did a firmware update. Unfortunately, i am still waiting for my replacement to come. Its been 5 weeks now. And thats 5 weeks after they received my broken oven. Im out of patience with them and asking for refund.

@Elliott
I unplugged the device more than a day. then tried it again. It works fine now. But not sure if the problem will happen again.

having same problem. first oven touch screen intermittent . replacement same thing. i cant keep something i have to only use an app with…

Resistive touch screens can be very good or a complete “mare” …unrelated to anova however I must point out that having owned a 1st gen nissan leaf electric car for some years now (only 28000 miles on it since new) my screen failed over a year ago, the only option was to replace the whole infotainment head unit for stupid money, so I looked online, uk market second hand screen £100, still dumb money, just found a plethora of nissan compatible screens for as low as £12 GBP delivered… more realistic.

Whilst an infotainment screen deconstruction is 4 screws & some of the dash being removed …it is a five minute job, …has anyone done a breakdown video on a junked APO yet & stuck it on-line?? lots of potential learning there.

(mind you I take old microwave ovens apart out of curiosity & to strip them of “project wire” then cut the s/steel casing to form a beer tap board for serving homebrew from my grainfather) …disassembly knowledge allows me to scrutinise door latch & program activation stalls & other common faults, so if you come across a junker, might be worth giving it to a tinkerer for some insight. :wink: