Dead after 3.5 years.

My oven appears very unwell. It no longer heats, the interior light does not turn on and the rear fan does not run. The oven certainly thinks it is heating, and WiFi etc all run, but it doesn’t actually heat. Did factory reset, unplug for a while, etc.

Anyone else have this?

I’ve got a customer support request in, but frankly I think the best I can hope for is a discount code for a new one. I really love the APO, and used it heavily, but I am concerned about the lifespan. Mine is a very early gen, but the messages here make me worry that most of the early gremlins might have been replaced with newer gremlins.

1 Like

I just sent mine back for a replacement. The one i sent back was a replacement for the original. Mine kept on quitting.

I have the same problem - The light does not turn on and heats / fan does not activate. Mine was the early batch too. They sent me a light bulb kit a couple days ago. I will replace it and see what it works or not.

I got an offer for 40% off with another purchase. My concern was on the quality of APO, my last only for 2.5 years and no repair service in Toronto. Now what should I do with this heavy hulk (May be I can use it as a safe box…)

1 Like

Same here, after 3 years and 4 months, my APO bid good bye to the cruel world. Exact same problem! Over the time It was working, I probably used it between 10-15 times. So, very lightly used. My favorite recipe: whole chicken sous-vide! I’m going to miss it.

I have contacted Anova Support. The Support person was extremely professional, guided me through a lot of trouble shooting, but it’s still dead. The warranty on the unit expired, I know that. Just hope if there is a way to send it back in for repair. It’s going to be pretty painful to throw away a $600.00 lightly used oven.

Will I recommend this APO to potential new buyer? Absolutely not. The reliability of this appliance is very much in doubt.

1 Like

I have had the SAME EXACT issue happen to my Anova paperweight. I mean, oven. Scouring the internet for a fix has proved unfruitful as well as finding a local repair shop.

Customer “support” provided no help (“try a different outlet”) and upon inquiring about updates to the “newer” model (even though an official refresh has never been announced) Monece Zapra at the anova support team responded with the following:

“Regarding the update on our hardware, our engineers are meticulously reviewing customer feedback to address all technical concerns. We have reinforced the tank with a high-temperature-resistant heat shield, repositioned the light assembly for optimal oven interior illumination, and upgraded the network cabling and tank hose to ensure efficient water distribution.”

sooooooo…no updates have been made to ensure your $600 investment is safe and you just have to take the risk of replacing every 2.5 - 3 years with no information about model refresh on the horizon.

Thanks anova!

yeah, ours blew up after 3 years as well. All they could offer was a discount on a new one… I don’t think so, if it’s only going to last 3 years that’s way too expensive. I am frustrated with state of pretty much all appliances these days. 5 year old GE oven, 2 burners gone, 3 control switches gone etc. Pretty much it is all crap out there now.

Did anyone find a service for repairs in US? Mine just died after 2.5y - but it was heavily used in my house, lots of bread so I’m really upset that is gone. They offered me a discount to buy a new one but I just can’t believe that an appliance newish like this is just trash - I really would love to try to repair it.

We are in the same boat.

Re ur Q: Still non-existing even though they indicated 5 years ago they will set up service. No third party either when they cannot bet technical data or source internal parts. Very frustrating when it is a Made in America appliance and not the blandless stuff bought off T—u site.

In short, there is no venue, no repair/technical information and no internal repair parts to repair this product.

Many states each has more recent Right to Repair Act/regulations on consumer devices which are similar to the Ca one below. Many states also have the previous Right to Repair regulations on Digital Electronic Device prior to the recent regulations. Note that they all cover not only the warranty period but also a number of years after the warranty period or model change.

Anova, being a SFO company, is subject to these regulations. For example, they do not appear to be complying with the California’s Right to Repair Act which applies to consumer devices that rely on microchips (any device “that depends for its functioning, in whole or in part, on any digital electronic embedded or attached to the product”) and household appliances…"

For details: https://pirg.org/california/resources/guide-how-to-use-your-right-to-repair/#:~:text=That%20law%20requires%20that%20manufacturers,depending%20on%20the%20value%20of

ALternatively, they are also not complying with the California’s Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, enacted in 1970.

Re my own APO:

Specific to my APO. please look at my new write-up around 8/15/2024 to ask for everyone’s ideas with the title of ‘My APO died after only 3 years - your thoughts’ ( My APO died after only 3 years - your thoughts )

1 Like

See my 8/2024 message under another thread: Dead after 3.5 years. - #9 by LLAPO