Unofficial Android app "ANOVA Remote" is available on Google Play Store!

That is what playstore is all about. I hope if i ever get the unit to have a copy of all the Apps and see which one I like the best. Hope they just keep getting better and better.

Update to 1.0 pushed to Play Store:

Simplified calibration process - you can now just input the correct current temperature measured by a trusted thermometer and the app will figure out the calibration factor for you.

Fixed reported crash in Set Program dialog.

@vtemkin‌ No offense intended. Like I said, the app looks great and if I needed calibration I would certainly buy it, and it’s likely when your final app comes out I’ll pick that one up. Good luck and thanks for the hard work.

@vtemkin‌ keep up the great work! Thank you for taking the time to develop this!

It’s working great. I think the set name doesn’t work though, I also joined your G+ community :slight_smile:

Only thing I’d probably look for … actually I’ll just it in the G+ area (I can only think of two things anyways)

I posted some updates in G+ community.

Anyone else being asked for a PIN when they try to pair? I’ve tried 1234 and 0000 with no luck.

If you tried to find the app at the Google Play Store and couldn’t find it there - it was suspended for few days pending proof that Anova is fine with it being published. Anova was and is: they were extremely helpful (and the Google support was also reasonably fast). The app is back in Store.
You can learn all the news, take part in discussions, and get access to Beta releases (there were two to this moment) by joining Google+ community.

Hi got the app for my LG G3 . it cuts off below the set temp field after start. During start I can briefly see the duration setting n some more buttons.
Happy to help debug.

@rombel I suspect this is a known defect. Do you see something like that? Then you have Settings → Accessibility → Large text
If you change this setting for a moment - you’ll see everything fine. If you join G+ community and opt-in Beta program - the current Beta fixes this problem

Hi,
Thanks will check.
Tried opt-in Beta:
Get:
Sorry – nothing to see here.

There may be several reasons:
The app that you’re looking for doesn’t exist
or
the app developer is not currently running a test
or
you are not eligible to participate in the testing programme.
If you received the link to this page from someone, we recommend that you contact them for more information.

Any thoughts?

The beta is open for members of the G+ community. (It’s a Google way too identify group of people, nothing personal ;-)). Did you join? Also, unrelated, did you try to unset your Large text accessibility setting on the phone?

I just downloaded this app for my Galaxy S5 and it works great! I love the idea of being able to control the settings of the Anova using my smartphone, and I think the option of setting up a program is very cool. Plus, playing with the scroll wheel LED color is fun. Great job on this!

I am very curious about the potential to control this over the web. It would be particularly cool if this could be done without needing a connected tablet in the same room as the Anova. Something like this comes to mind:

I also think it would be great to add some additional functionality, like simple tables of temps for different types of food, or ramp/soak profiles for stored recipes.

Great to see someone getting this out there. Excellent work!

The beta is open for members of the G+ community. (It's a Google way too identify group of people, nothing personal ;-)). Did you join? Also, unrelated, did you try to unset your Large text accessibility setting on the phone?

Hi,
Thanks, yes set font to medium and I get to see all options.
Tying to set time does not seem to work.

Joined G+ and optin.
Is not compatible with LG G3, only with my previous LG Nexus 5 (no longer in my possession).

Cheers

@robmel Please explain (preferrably in G+ community) what compatibility issues you have with LG G3. Compatibility shouldn’t have change between release and beta version, and includes LG G3 (in a dozen of variations). Also I would love to know about your problems with setting time. Thanks!

I have the LG G3 and have it on Maximum size font… I am able to see and set both the android and the Anova timers… Just joined the G+ community and signed up to be a beta tester but don’t see the beta version as yet in google play store.

@vtemkin Thank you for developing this… So much clearer and easier to control with this app…